Linus told me to come here

Carson.C

I was told by Linus to come here after watching his latest video roasting people's setups. I am not one of those people in his video but I feel like I also fall into the category.

I have bought majority of my parts last year (CPU, RAM, PSU, etc) But due to chip shortages I am unable to get my hand on any graphics cards. After hearing what Linus has said about returning the parts if they weren't working. I am afraid that's not gonna be able to happen as I've bought the parts last year during Black Friday

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me to find some? I know it's a big ask but sometime you've gotta try

PS: I live in the UK

43 minutes ago, Carson.C said:

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me to find some?

Unfortunately you'll just need to do what everyone else is doing; keep checking the major retailer websites and stores for stock. You can try gumtree and Facebook marketplace for people selling their old graphics cards, but be careful of scams. 

What sort of graphics card were you hoping to buy?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Not to be an ass, but Linus can't exactly help out every single person who watches his channel and bought everything minus a GPU just as things went tits up.

You're just gonna have to play the waiting game like everyone else or stalk the used market for an old card that is still halfway competent.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

23 minutes ago, Carson.C said:

After hearing what Linus has said about returning the parts if they weren't working. I am afraid that's not gonna be able to happen as I've bought the parts last year during Black Friday

While you won't be able to return the faulty components to the reseller for a full refund, you will still have the opportunity to request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) from the component's manufacturer, assuming you have proof of purchase. It is fairly typical for component manufacturers to offer warranties ranging anywhere from three years to the entire lifetime of the product.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

9 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

While you won't be able to return the faulty components to the reseller for a full refund, you will still have the opportunity to request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) from the component's manufacturer, assuming you have proof of purchase. It is fairly typical for component manufacturers to offer warranties ranging anywhere from three years to the entire lifetime of the product.

Yeah that was what I was most worried about with some parts not working but thank you for the help :))