Improved cooling for EVGA 2080 XC Gaming

alientude

I have an EVGA 2080 XC Gaming (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GHVWMBS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that performs well, but the fans have to crank near max to keep the temperature below 80 C when under load, and it's seemingly starting to affect performance - I tried the Outriders demo and had to lower the settings all the way to low to get it to not max out the fans at 100%. I'm trying to find some guidance on either upgrading the fans on this specific model or finding an AIO kit that works with it. I've never tinkered with fans on my GPU before, so I'm kind of apprehensive about this. I know EVGA had a AIO kit for this model, but it seems like it's out of production and out of stock.

Computer specs, if relevant (brought the GPU over from my last PC):

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Noctua NH-D15

G.Skill TridentZ 32 GB DDR4 3600

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO

Cooler M aster MasterCase H500P w/ default 2x 200mm fans in front

Noctua NF-A14 rear fan

1x Cooler Master MF200R on top of case

Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 11 1000W power supply

Thanks for any help you can provide!

undervolt using MSI Afterburner.

I was able to achieve higher clock at lower temps.

• CPU
    9900KS @ 5.0 avx offset 0/ cache 4.7/ @1.33v
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
    8gb x2 G.skill ddr 4 3600 (OCed to 4000 17-19-19-39 @1.4v)
  • GPU
    Asus Strix OC RTX 3080 10GB  
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
    1tb Samsung SSD + 2x (512gb Samsung) SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic GM 650 650Watt Gold (semi-modular)
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 LUX MX RED/ Microsoft Designer Keyboard Bluetooth
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound
    Audioengine A2+/ Audioengine d1 dac/ B&O h6

Is that case the original or the mesh variant? The original has god awful airflow, so if you're overheating, that's likely the cause.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

24 minutes ago, alientude said:

I have an EVGA 2080 XC Gaming (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GHVWMBS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that performs well, but the fans have to crank near max to keep the temperature below 80 C when under load, and it's seemingly starting to affect performance - I tried the Outriders demo and had to lower the settings all the way to low to get it to not max out the fans at 100%. I'm trying to find some guidance on either upgrading the fans on this specific model or finding an AIO kit that works with it. I've never tinkered with fans on my GPU before, so I'm kind of apprehensive about this. I know EVGA had a AIO kit for this model, but it seems like it's out of production and out of stock.

Computer specs, if relevant (brought the GPU over from my last PC):

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Noctua NH-D15

G.Skill TridentZ 32 GB DDR4 3600

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO

Cooler M aster MasterCase H500P w/ default 2x 200mm fans in front

Noctua NF-A14 rear fan

1x Cooler Master MF200R on top of case

Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 11 1000W power supply

Thanks for any help you can provide!

It shouldn't be like this, especially with the mesh variant. Has it always been like this?

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Had the GPU in my old PC (different case) since November 2018. I only really noticed the fans kicking up hard in the past year or so. I upgraded the rest of my PC earlier this year. I tinkered with my fan curve in Afterburner and improved it to a degree, but I really feel like it shouldn't be struggling to stay cool.

24 minutes ago, alientude said:

Had the GPU in my old PC (different case) since November 2018. I only really noticed the fans kicking up hard in the past year or so. I upgraded the rest of my PC earlier this year. I tinkered with my fan curve in Afterburner and improved it to a degree, but I really feel like it shouldn't be struggling to stay cool.

if its still under warranty cover evga and they will probably let you cross ship RMA it. 

their warranty service is the best in the business

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I just assumed the warranty was 1 year. Looks like it's 3, so that might just work. Thanks AntiTrust!

6 minutes ago, alientude said:

I just assumed the warranty was 1 year. Looks like it's 3, so that might just work. Thanks AntiTrust!

no worries buddy, I think youll be glad you bought evga when you contact them for support. they really stand behind their products 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Well, EVGA's response to my support ticket is that I should be disassembling my GPU to replace the thermal pads and paste every year of ownership. That seems utterly insane to me. I've never heard of such a requirement, and it's certainly not included in their preventative maintenance FAQ. Am I out of line here? Is this something people actually do on the regular?

On 4/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, alientude said:

Is this something people actually do on the regular

No, especially not every year lol.

You probably talked to the interim or cleaning personal or something,  I'd call again because that answer is hilarious.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Further conversations with them got them to admit that I shouldn't have to do that and to start the RMA process. Hope they don't repeat this "advice" to other people.