How to boost my internet

xFireLegendx138
Go to solution Solved by wilfred_24,

Go to the adapter settings in control panel . Increase the bandwidth or disable enable the internet might help.

So lately when doing an update on a 14GB game my internet slowed down completely to the point where my mbps was to 0.02 - I have a photo. Should I get an internet booster and have it connected to a ethernet cable? Any other ideas?

20210401_185602.jpg

if you have an android phone or tablet you can use the wifi analysis app to check your wifi signal. Best case would be being plugged straight into the router but I'm guessing that's not possible so yeah you might want to get a wifi extender and be wired into that. Or maybe a mesh system if you need better signal throughout your house. With a mesh system, when you connect you will automatically be switched from one disc to another rather than having to go to settings and change your network whenever you move room.

Just now, SGT-AMD said:

What is a internet booster?

If you can, go straight to the router via cable

An internet booster is a small plug that can boost the signal around your house. I would plug it in my router but it's all the way downstairs which would be messy

1 minute ago, SGT-AMD said:

What is a internet booster?

If you can, go straight to the router via cable

A wifi extender plugs into the wall and uses the electricity cables as ethernet cables. You can connect to it via wifi or ethernet

26 minutes ago, xFireLegendx138 said:

So lately when doing an update on a 14GB game my internet slowed down completely to the point where my mbps was to 0.02

what does it mean...

it's your wifi signal so bad or your modem to internet cabinet connection so poor?

19 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

What you are talking about is an WiFi extender (which is a repeater Store and forward)

Wiring is not messy, if you hire someone who knows what they are doing, to set it up.

I take it that you are on the second floor.

Is the router directly below you? The null of any antenna is right under it. So if you move the modem so it is not directly below you, that might help

I'll give that a try

4 hours ago, comander said:

Define "boost my internet"

Do you mean "how can I make my internet usable while doing a heavy download?"

[...]

I want to emphasize though, I don't FULLY know what your problem is due to an incomplete description. If it's "my internet connection is 200Mbps and I'm using ~200Mbps and have 0.1Mbps left over" the solution is very different from "my wifi sucks"

This was my thought when reading the OP.
I'm thinking they are using all their available connection speed on whatever it is they are downloading and have next to none left over for anything else.
The solution would be to either limit the download speed in whatever software they use or to use QoS in their router if it is downloading on another device (like a console).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Go to the adapter settings in control panel . Increase the bandwidth or disable enable the internet might help.

1 hour ago, wilfred_24 said:

Thank you man!