Installing windows

robotxbot

I got a usb with a copy of windows and the computer isn’t even booting up to bios too so what should I do to download windows?

B7ECCD96-A117-42C1-9AA4-E91AAA964304.jpeg

so pressing the key to enter bios isn't working? i would try a different keyboard, and/or clear the cmos to try to get to bios so you can boot from usb.

Did you run the installer or just put the file on the USB?

Did you press the key that it says to press to go into the bios?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Well I assume that either you didn't use the tool to make the USB into install media (the file you download from MS is a tool to make bootable USB install media) or you don't have the USB set as boot device.

So if the first, go on a working PC (that boots into Windows etc), run that installer and let it install the install media on the USB drive.

If the second, after turning the PC without Windows on at the first screen you see it should say something like "press F2 to enter UEFI/BIOS" it may also be delete or some other key. Press the key when you are on that screen and head to a section called "BOOT" in there you should see something called boot priority or something similar set your USB to boot device 1 there.

Note that on some boards you will enter on the EZ (easy) page by default when you first enter BIOS. Often you can set boot priority on that page so just look around there and if not look around for what key to press to get into advanced mode.

I would take what @aDoomGuysaid but if you really want to get into the bios instead of fixing the windows USB try clearing cmos which usually works or what most people and what I do is unplug all of your drives.