How to make my mouse smoother when gliding on mouse pad?

PackYourBaggins

So I've been using my Razer Mamba Elite for roughly 6 months now and it's an excellent mouse. However, whether it's because I briefly used a new mouse or otherwise, it feels like it isn't as smooth as it should be when gliding on my mouse pad. For a little more context, I bought a Logitech G Pro wireless, but returned it after about 6 days out of fear of the dreaded Logitech double-click issue. But that's neither here nor there. When I started using my Mamba Elite again, I realized just how much smoother the G Pro wireless was in comparison. I can't recall if the Mamba Elite had the same amount of smoothness as it does now when it was new or not. But after using a much smoother mouse, even for just a week, and going back to the Mamba Elite, the difference in smoothness is now bothering me WAY more than it was before. It's not like my mouse is dragging horribly or anything, but is there anything I can do to make my Mamba Elite a little smoother? Like installing new pads on the bottom of it or something?

40 minutes ago, PackYourBaggins said:

So I've been using my Razer Mamba Elite for roughly 6 months now and it's an excellent mouse. However, whether it's because I briefly used a new mouse or otherwise, it feels like it isn't as smooth as it should be when gliding on my mouse pad. For a little more context, I bought a Logitech G Pro wireless, but returned it after about 6 days out of fear of the dreaded Logitech double-click issue. But that's neither here nor there. When I started using my Mamba Elite again, I realized just how much smoother the G Pro wireless was in comparison. I can't recall if the Mamba Elite had the same amount of smoothness as it does now when it was new or not. But after using a much smoother mouse, even for just a week, and going back to the Mamba Elite, the difference in smoothness is now bothering me WAY more than it was before. It's not like my mouse is dragging horribly or anything, but is there anything I can do to make my Mamba Elite a little smoother? Like installing new pads on the bottom of it or something?

Yes.  That would be one if they are worn. Looking at the mouse pad situation also might be a thing.  I know my mouse pad (very old neoprene) gets dirty and washing it with a bit of dish detergent and water does wonders. The pads on the bottom a mouse are often pieces of Teflon.  The stuff is very soft even for a plastic and can wear down.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Yes.  That would be one if they are worn. Looking at the mouse pad situation also might be a thing.  I know my mouse pad (very old neoprene) gets dirty and washing it with a bit of dish detergent and water does wonders. The pads on the bottom a mouse are often pieces of Teflon.  The stuff is very soft even for a plastic and can wear down.

Do they make new pads specifically for certain mice or is it kinda like a one size fits all?

If you choose to get new mouse feet, they will wear in eventually and slow down, but there are fast mousepads that stay out there. What be your budget if you were to get a new one? The Artisan Hien just statred being sold in the us and is about ~70 USD. That mousepad is fairly fast and is durable 

1 minute ago, FavoringWinter said:

If you choose to get new mouse feet, they will wear in eventually and slow down, but there are fast mousepads that stay out there. What be your budget if you were to get a new one? The Artisan Hien just statred being sold in the us and is about ~70 USD. That mousepad is fairly fast and is durable 

$70 is a massive ouchie for a mouse pad. I've been using a HyperX mouse mat I got for free back in like 2015. It barely shows any signs of wear. I just wash it when it needs it. But also, I don't feel this is a mouse pad issue, cause like I said, the G Pro wireless was ultra smooth on my mouse pad.

19 minutes ago, PackYourBaggins said:

Do they make new pads specifically for certain mice or is it kinda like a one size fits all?

Depends.  Razor isn’t the best at replacement parts so I would say your chances are probably lower for your mouse than, say, some random one.  They’re not all the same.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If you feel it's not a mousepad, yeah try new mouse feet.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |