XFX RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB thermal pads

Hello.

I have graphic card XFX RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB. I want to open it and clean but I don't know which thickness for thermal pads I need. Some YouTube channels told that 1mm would be good. For chip I want to use MX-4 thermal paste, I think that's good enoguh, but for thermal pads I don't know. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

best regards, acmilan2

You normally shouldn't need to replace the thermal pads. I mean at worst you rip one but just carefully puzzle it back together and call it a day after that.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You normally shouldn't need to replace the thermal pads. I mean at worst you rip one but just carefully puzzle it back together and call it a day after that.

They are pretty old now, more than 5-6 years, and they were used pretty much first for gaming, after for mining. Temperatures are going high rapidly and I think that changing thermal paste and thermal pads would be good change for graphic card.

1 minute ago, acmilan2 said:

They are pretty old now, more than 5-6 years, and they were used pretty much first for gaming, after for mining. Temperatures are going high rapidly and I think that changing thermal paste and thermal pads would be good change for graphic card.

Thermal pads pretty much don't get worse over time so not that much of a worry really. Your paste will be totally dry tho.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Thermal pads pretty much don't get worse over time so not that much of a worry really. Your paste will be totally dry tho.

Ok, I understand that. Paste 100%, but WHAT IF for thermal pads?

If I need to change, what thickness would I need?

Just now, acmilan2 said:

Ok, I understand that. Paste 100%, but WHAT IF for thermal pads?

If I need to change, what thickness would I need?

Well I can only find conflicting information so basically open it up, measure a non compacted part of the thermal pad and order the correct thickness. That really is the only way to be certain.

Maybe someone else tried already and know something more about it. Thanks for now 😀

15 minutes ago, InTheOcean said:

1. 10mm x 48mm x 1mm;

2. 16mm x  50mm x 1mm;

3. 13mm x 18mm x 1mm;

4. 12mm x 14mm x 1mm; and

5.16mm x 64mm x 1.5mm.

20210329_142828.jpg

That is the best answer I could get. Thanks for that man! 

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 10:55 PM, acmilan2 said:

That is the best answer I could get. Thanks for that man! 

does anyone know why the post with the picture was removed? I had my eye on it for a while now and decided to actually go for it but the picture isnt there, anyone have any info on this?

On 9/10/2021 at 3:05 PM, Seeks-Nom said:

does anyone know why the post with the picture was removed? I had my eye on it for a while now and decided to actually go for it but the picture isnt there, anyone have any info on this?

image.png.3a6209288ffd1df078b29b45e1075654.png