ETH mining programs and using MSI afterburner to prevent PC damage from mining

So far I'm only aware of EasyMiner as a program to use on my windows computer to mine ETH. Are there any other ETH mining programs out there that you all would recommend? 

Let's just say I want to have my gaming PC mine ETH all night while I'm sleeping, but I don't want to accidentally damage my GPU, am I correct to assume that if I use MSI afterburner to turn down the power limit from 100% to 70% that I'll avoid damaging my GPU while mining for several hours at a time? 

Can I use MSI afterburner to do the same thing with my CPU, or do I need a different program for that? 

My GPU is an RTX 24gb 3090

My CPU is an i9-10850k

You could use nicehash (it mines eth and paysout in btc)

Ill @Moonzy bc they know about how to mine on a 3090.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Burned_Follower said:

My GPU is an RTX 24gb 3090

am I correct to assume that if I use MSI afterburner to turn down the power limit from 100% to 70% that I'll avoid damaging my GPU while mining for several hours at a time? 

for 3090, you'd want to monitor VRAM temps mostly, which only HWinfo64 can do

as for mining on it, the recommended way to do it on a 3090 (bad card for the job btw, but it'll do) is to limit the wattage to around 310W (around 85% on both cards that i own, yours may vary) from the two samples i have and crank up memory clock to +1000, or around there depending on VRAM temp and your stability (though almost all G6x card i own can go up to 1400 just fine, but 3090 has temp issue so only limited to ~1000-1200 on my MSI card, gigabyte card just failed)

do take note your VRAM temps will pretty much hover around 110c and might even throttle depending on what card you have, my gigabyte 3090 throttles to ~90MH/s and power throttle to ~270W, while my MSI card runs at full 120MH/s at 314W, but temps is also at 110c

point a fan on your backplate to improve the cooling of the backside VRAM, which is mainly the issue for these cards (even on normal gaming loads)

Can I use MSI afterburner to do the same thing with my CPU, or do I need a different program for that?

dont mine on your cpu, it's just not worth your effort i would say

13 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Ill @Moonzy bc they know about how to mine on a 3090.

already typing a response lol ❤️ 

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately