Slow internet over ethernet on 2nd pc

Turdsandwitch

I have a gigabit connection, on my gaming pc i get about 800-900, but on my second pc it caps at 190. ive tried the cable that goes into the 2nd pc in my gaming pc (straight swap at the pc end)and it gets full speed, my ethernet adapter is set to 1000/1000. im sure its not a setting in my router since swapping the cables over did not change the speed of the 2nd pc. it doesnt matter what port i use on my router the gaming pc is full speed and the 2nd pc is capped at 190. Am i missing something? ive never experienced this before.
mobo is Asus Prime Z490-A, router is Asus RT-AC58U

Capture.PNG

EDIT so i had an old pcie network card, pluged it in and now the second pc gets full speed.  theres either a bum port in my new mobo or im missing a setting?.....whatever, i hate computers sometimes.

Do you have a ethernet switch If so It might be the problem same thing happened with me except with my tv and xbox

37 minutes ago, ThatOneDunce said:

Yeah, if you're feeding your 2nd PC from something like a 100mb/s switch, then you've found your bottleneck. 

nope just straight from the router my isp supplied.

This is a common Windows issue that I've yet heard anyone find a fix for. If you can boot a different OS or a clean Windows install and if you get the full speed then it's a Windows problem.

It's news to me though that adding a NIC enabled the full speed to return. That's potentially good news for @DrLoneZebrawho's also affected by this Windows bug.

5 hours ago, ThatOneDunce said:

Good to know, I guess I just got lucky with my SMB setup 

Er... could this be resolved by going into Windows Features and turning some things on/off? Or would you need to do that just to get SMB to work?

The strange thing about this bug is local network traffic is unaffected. Only Internet bound traffic is throttled for no apparent reason. If you ever found something that seemed to fix it let us know though. A lot of people are impacted by this and the only solution anybody has is to reinstall Windows.