Power supply recomendations

Faris14
1 minute ago, CookieKittu said:

Jfc you don't read what i wrote and my reasoning I am well aware of what others have said but i also don't see them here anymore trying to help the OP make a decision on their power supply. I am well aware that the rating really doesn't matter i just always had bad issues with bronze PSU's so i simply always used gold+ of course bronze PSU's can be good just none of the ones i have owned.

Honestly I am really grateful for your help because I do jot really know anything about power supplies I will buy the 600W one thanks a lot again.

No problem i hope you have pleasant and happy gaming on your soon to be acquired rig with all that is going on certainly gaming is a nice scape goat and having a upgrade path is also nice. Eventually you'll want to venture into full modular psu's and yada yada but for now it's ok to start in the beginning phases of pc building.

Ryzen 9 7950X 5.9 GHz 16-Core, Full Liquid CoolingROG Crosshair X670E EXTREMEG.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz 64 GB, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra 12 GBSeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000WKingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel, S.S Arctis 5 7.1Roccat Kain 200 AIMOLogitech G403 HeroASUS TUF VG27WQ 1440P 165 HzASUS VG34VQL1B 34" 1440P Ultrawide 165 HzCrucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME 2xSamsung 870 QVO 4 TB 2.5" SSDFractal Design Meshify 2 XL Case

Just now, CookieKittu said:

No problem i hope you have pleasant and happy gaming on your soon to be acquired rig with all that is going on certainly gaming is a nice scape goat and having a upgrade path is also nice. Eventually you'll want to venture into full modular psu's and yada yada but for now it's ok to start in the beginning phases of pc building.

Yeah that is my plan but right now I dont have the money for it this is pretty much the best I can do right now when the prices return to normal I plan to sell this one and reuse whatever I can and build a better one. And I am currently sick so this will be a nice change of pace for me. Thank you again for all the help, appreciate it big time 🙂

Nothing wrong with budget building we all gotta start somewhere dude. The ventures of pc gaming is you can always upgrade later, how much of a pain that will be due to what you first chose well that will be decided later but all in all it's fun just in itself building computers and making them better but you got to start somewhere.

Ryzen 9 7950X 5.9 GHz 16-Core, Full Liquid CoolingROG Crosshair X670E EXTREMEG.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz 64 GB, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra 12 GBSeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000WKingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel, S.S Arctis 5 7.1Roccat Kain 200 AIMOLogitech G403 HeroASUS TUF VG27WQ 1440P 165 HzASUS VG34VQL1B 34" 1440P Ultrawide 165 HzCrucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME 2xSamsung 870 QVO 4 TB 2.5" SSDFractal Design Meshify 2 XL Case

1 hour ago, CookieKittu said:

Jfc you don't read what i wrote and my reasoning I am well aware of what others have said but i also don't see them here anymore trying to help the OP make a decision on their power supply. I am well aware that the rating really doesn't matter i just always had bad issues with bronze PSU's so i simply always used gold+ of course bronze PSU's can be good just none of the ones i have owned.

You are not helping OP. You are misleading them.

I know it might take more time to actually read professional reviews, than it does to spew random BS, which is at best based on anecdotes, but imo, that's better than making others waste their money on garbage.

1 hour ago, Faris14 said:

Those are both sold out and the ones that are nogt do not have the prices updated everything is like 30 KM more then the listing I was asking around a lot and these are pretty much the only ones that still fit in to my budget that I have right now and have a reputable seller.

The Sama Armor says it has four in stock, no? If you don't consider them to be a reputable seller, which ones do you consider to be reputable sellers?

You are intending to get a 3060. Those are not going to be cheap, even after the prices go down. If getting the 3060 means getting a super low end PSU, I recommend instead getting a slightly cheaper GPU, and getting a half decent PSU. Not just getting the cheapest PSU available.

Out of the MWE V2 White and the CV550, I would probably pick the MWE V2 White as the less crappy one. The MWE V2 White has LLC resonant converter on primary, DC-DC, and a FDB fan (interestingly, seems to be similar to the fans Seasonic uses on the Focus. Fine on a super low end PSU, though), rather than double forward, group regulation and a sleeve bearing fan on the CV550.

https://coolenjoy.net/bbs/review/730303?p=2

However, do note that the 450W MWE V2 White was tested to have 110 mV ripple on the 12V rail at 300W, so I suspect it would even be out of spec at higher loads. And that is quite worrying, as you expect under 50mV, even in budget PSUs. Spec is 120mV.

https://nl.hardware.info/artikel/9871/14/goedkope-voedingen-round-up-300-450w-vanaf-37-euro-ripple

Edit: See @--SID--'s reply below

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

5 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

They do bad reviews and don't know how to connect a psu to the test equipment. The only thing they do well is measuring the length of the cables.

Their shots are good too...

17 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Out of the MWE V2 White and the CV550, I would probably pick the MWE V2 White as the less crappy one. The MWE V2 White has LLC resonant converter on primary, DC-DC, and a FDB fan (interestingly, seems to be similar to the fans Seasonic uses on the Focus. Fine on a super low end PSU, though), rather than half bridge, group regulation and a sleeve bearing fan on the CV550.

https://coolenjoy.net/bbs/review/730303?p=2

Just a side note: CV uses two-switch forward. The MWE V2 has issues with transient response due to its limited platform, so I don't know if it would be a good idea for the RTX 3060, but I agree that it really would be a better choice than the CV.

12 hours ago, --SID-- said:

They do bad reviews and don't know how to connect a psu to the testequipment. The only thing they do well is measuring the length of the cables.

I am not saying that they are good reviewers of PSUs, but to their credit the low load ripple problems was reproduced by Cybenetics, and the reason for that is that CM engineers don't properly tweak the PSU when the LLC controller (Champion CU6901V) is running on burst mode. But with that being said @LukeSavenije contacted CM about this issue and the answer was that this issue is already fixed on newer batches.

What I'm worried, however is that the main switchers of these units are bottom barrel FETs, the same FETs used on the infamous Gigabyte P-GM series. I don't know how that would affect the reliability of lower wattage PSUs such as the MWE V2, though. I'd rather get something that has good FETs.

@Faris14 why are you trying to replace your S12III?

21 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

but to their credit the low load ripple problems was reproduced by Cybenetics

Don't agree. OK, It's higher than it used to be but not as high as the shitty measurement from HWI. HWI measurement is 110mV at 100w, Cybenetics about 50mV at 100w http://members.cybenetics.report:5050/d/cybenetics_Tmc.pdf

6 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Don't agree. OK, It's higher than it used to be but not as high as the shitty measurement from HWI. HWI measurement is 110mV at 100w, Cybenetics about 50mV at 100w http://members.cybenetics.report:5050/d/cybenetics_Tmc.pdf

http://members.cybenetics.report:5050/d/cybenetics_Jv8.pdf\

Here you can see 86.3 mV ripple at 55 W. Still not as high as the measurement from HWI, but I still prove my point.