I am trying to download an app from the app store but every time it comes up with the error code: 0x80070005 How do i fix it?

image.png.1f8f91f6b1004356556d393f05607223.png

Yes but it comes saying that i don't have admin rights (I do) ia have also tried doing it through the default Administrator account. There are also the printing and copy and paste bugs now

This is a UAC issue. Make sure your admin account is owner and has full control of the drives in your PC and the registry. Then try again 

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

12 hours ago, Joshua said:

This is a UAC issue. Make sure your admin account is owner and has full control of the drives in your PC and the registry. Then try again 

I do i have even enabled the Administrator account on windows but it still gives be the same error.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:43 PM, Murasaki said:

Do you have any pending Windows updates? If so install them.

Yes but it comes up with the same error code.

Have you disabled Windows Update or messed with the service in any way?

54 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Have you disabled Windows Update or messed with the service in any way?

No i have also tired manually and what service are you speaking about

8 minutes ago, aeliasov9 said:

No i have also tired manually and what service are you speaking about

Service that is responcible for Windows Update. This error happened to me before (aswell in the Store) because I had it disabled completely. In your case though im not sure whats stopping it.

Just now, Murasaki said:

Service that is responcible for Windows Update. This error happened to me before (aswell in the Store) because I had it disabled completely. In your case though im not sure whats stopping it.

I  haven't changed anything

I get this issue on a Windows Insider machine I have every now and then. Very annoying.

Try wsreset.exe, and if that doesn't work, try to uninstall, and reinstall the Microsoft store completely. 

On 3/26/2021 at 1:06 PM, Murasaki said:

This error happened to me before (aswell in the Store) because I had it disabled

Thats funny because I get a completely different "error" it outright tells me i have windows updates disabled and therefore cannot get anything.  😄

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

Thats funny because I get a completely different "error" it outright tells me i have windows updates disabled and therefore cannot get anything.  😄

Could be handled differently now. Been a while since I stopped bothering to fiddle with the service; probably around the time Microsoft introduced additional things to manage updates.

I found this, first "solution" sounds most promising imo,  but you may try the others as well.  

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_store/cant-install-apps-from-store-error-0x80070005/1da61861-26ee-41b4-ada9-8ac516b0107a

2 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Could be handled differently now. Been a while since I stopped bothering to fiddle with the service; probably around the time Microsoft introduced additional things to manage updates.

True,  could be, maybe it also depends how it's disabled, in my case when I go to updates in "action center" absolutely nothing happens (it's glorious) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I found this, first "solution" sounds most promising imo,  but you may try the others as well.  

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_store/cant-install-apps-from-store-error-0x80070005/1da61861-26ee-41b4-ada9-8ac516b0107a

True,  could be, maybe it also depends how it's disabled, in my case when I go to updates in "action center" absolutely nothing happens (it's glorious) 

I tried but I don't seem to have the WinStore folder

• 6 months later...
On 3/28/2021 at 9:22 PM, Sweet Pea said:

I get this issue on a Windows Insider machine I have every now and then. Very annoying.

Try wsreset.exe, and if that doesn't work, try to uninstall, and reinstall the Microsoft store completely. 

I was having issues installing Xbox Game Pass games on PC. I was getting the 0x80070005 error code too. This post fixed the issue! Thanks Sweet Pea!