Now that the titan z is on its way lets re-evaulate the top of the line mac pro vs top of the line pc.

Lil Chillbil

No price tags, unlimited moneyz the whole thread is the prove a mute point that the guy on facebook who I talk to is plain wrong that a pc can't be in the same ballpark as a 100% maxed out mac pro.

47685922.jpg

should be quite fun as well to see how crazy we can get using the confirmed titan z with the assumed price of 3 grand per gpu.

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

i recon because of this apples is going to start using nvidida gpus

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Quadros cost as much as some people pay mortgage. Even a GTX 780 is worth more than most peoples' computers. Who exactly are you trying to make fun of?

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

i recon because of this apples is going to start using nvidida gpus

*Reckon

As well, Apple is using AMD because they basically made up a GPU for them and they have a few old higher up employees who work at AMD.

Quadros cost as much as some people pay mortgage. Even a GTX 780 is worth more than most peoples' computers. Who exactly are you trying to make fun of?

a know it all on facebick ( I meant to type facebick) 

#KilledMyWife 

*Reckon

As well, Apple is using AMD because they basically made up a GPU for them and they have a few old higher up employees who work at AMD.

um.. not really 

A 780 is more than I will ever spend on a build. :3 I can barely afford an i3 right now. 

um.. not really 

Um... yes really, the AMD D700 is not commercially available besides being inside the Mac Pro, as well as there are former Apple employees that now work at AMD and have been noted to keep relations with Apple.

Um... yes really, the AMD D700 is not commercially available besides being inside the Mac Pro, as well as there are former Apple employees that now work at AMD and have been noted to keep relations with Apple.

Wrong, its just the core but in a different pcb with ecc ram. It is nothing special really. :/

So insecure when it comes to Apple. You sound like a whiney school girl trying to talk shit about the best looking girl in school. Just get over it. Let it go. There doesn't have to be this made up war between windows and apple. Posts like this make me ashamed to be leaving apple pc's. Who knew a bunch of grown men could be so caddy when it comes to another brand.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Oh god... The titan z...

The techies at my school are going to have a FIELD DAY tomorrow! Stop the presses!

Do you think anybody is going to make a water block for the titan Z?

Oh god... The titan z...

The techies at my school are going to have a FIELD DAY tomorrow! Stop the presses!

Do you think anybody is going to make a water block for the titan Z?

Why not? :P

Life.exe is missing

Wrong, its just the core but in a different pcb with ecc ram. It is nothing special really. :/

It may be the same core, but the point still stands that it is sort of "unique" in the fact that it is Apple exclusive.

It may be the same core, but the point still stands that it is sort of "unique" in the fact that it is Apple exclusive.

you know that corsair memory is special too 

You sir have won the internetz forever

I"m off to go play with rocks

Don't listen to him, the guy is probably some random asshole trying to get the best of you.

As for the topic, I don't know. On one hand, yes, a high end PC would beat a Mac Pro but on the other hand, a high end Mac Pro is for a specific user. Surely someone considering a Mac Pro or a Dell Poweredge wouldn't be building their own PC.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Don't listen to him, the guy is probably some random asshole trying to get the best of you.

As for the topic, I don't know. On one hand, yes, a high end PC would beat a Mac Pro but on the other hand, a high end Mac Pro is for a specific user. Surely someone considering a Mac Pro or a Dell Poweredge wouldn't be building their own PC.

I'm also fairly certain it is him who made the post O_o

but regardless I must agree with that, but were trying to fight retard logic with retard logic here. 

#KilledMyWife 

As this thread violates the core values of the forum, locked.

Windspeed forgot to lock it?

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review