Getting worse temperatures after switching from "silent" case to an airflow case.

CoolMarquis97
Got an airflow case and somehow my temps got worse. anyone use a 4000D airflow? Right now I got 2 intake and 3 exhaust. What am I doing wrong? 10 degree temp increase from Be Quiet Silent Base 601 to Corsair 4000D airflow. This is a case that is supposed to have rather good airflow and for whatever reason my PC is nothing but a mini space heater right now. Seeing my GPU get as high as 83 degrees C. I've tried multiple fan configurations and adding the 2 exhaust fans on top have absolutely zero impact on temps. 

Are you using same fans on both? As many and same model? Fans having different specs might be a factor here.

Adding more top/rear exhaust won't fix GPU temp issues. You need to focus on where the GPU intakes its fresh air.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/21/2021 at 8:45 PM, CoolMarquis97 said:
Got an airflow case and somehow my temps got worse. anyone use a 4000D airflow? Right now I got 2 intake and 3 exhaust. What am I doing wrong? 10 degree temp increase from Be Quiet Silent Base 601 to Corsair 4000D airflow. This is a case that is supposed to have rather good airflow and for whatever reason my PC is nothing but a mini space heater right now. Seeing my GPU get as high as 83 degrees C. I've tried multiple fan configurations and adding the 2 exhaust fans on top have absolutely zero impact on temps. 

Are the room temperatures the same as when you tested on the be quiet 601?

Could you post a picture of your fan setup inside of the case?

Nothing else changed?

On 3/22/2021 at 9:19 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Are you using same fans on both? As many and same model? Fans having different specs might be a factor here.

Adding more top/rear exhaust won't fix GPU temp issues. You need to focus on where the GPU intakes its fresh air.

12 hours ago, StarsMars said:

Are the room temperatures the same as when you tested on the be quiet 601?

Could you post a picture of your fan setup inside of the case?

Nothing else changed?

Included photos of my build. Using same exact fans except for keeping the rear fan in the new case, but essentially same exact setup. Fans are 2 Silent Wings 3 and 2 Pure Wings 2, along with 1 stock Corsair fan. Room is 80 degrees, but I still don't see how a completely closed off case (Silent Base 601) had equal or better temps than a case designed for airflow. I'm clearly doing something wrong here, just not sure what. 

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

should add that CPU and 3080 are overclocked. CPU temps are cool, it's really only my 3080 that has gotten as hot as 83 degrees Celsius. 

36 minutes ago, CoolMarquis97 said:

Included photos of my build. Using same exact fans except for keeping the rear fan in the new case, but essentially same exact setup. Fans are 2 Silent Wings 3 and 2 Pure Wings 2, along with 1 stock Corsair fan. Room is 80 degrees, but I still don't see how a completely closed off case (Silent Base 601) had equal or better temps than a case designed for airflow. I'm clearly doing something wrong here, just not sure what. 

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

You should move the fan from top-front to front-bottom. Right now, that fan isn't doing anything. Or rather its moving air coming from front-top straight out of the case. And at the same time, the front-middle fan is barely getting air to GPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv