amd ryzen 7 3800x temperature

zezan

Is it normal with amd ryzen 7 3800x get spikes in temperature on IDLE is like from 36 to 50 and sometimes even 60. On load i get more stable temperature like 80 max but when it reach 80 its drop to 75 immediately. Also I am using this power plan (video is below) so idle its more stable now like 37 temp. But i am asking this because i am using not stock cooler but ARCTIC ACFRE00061A Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO. Is this normal temperatures with that cpu and this cooler ? I have amd for my first time so maybe these spikes is normal. 

42 minutes ago, zezan said:

Is it normal with amd ryzen 7 3800x get spikes in temperature on IDLE is like from 36 to 50 and sometimes even 60. On load i get more stable temperature like 80 max but when it reach 80 its drop to 75 immediately. Also I am using this power plan (video is below) so idle its more stable now like 37 temp. But i am asking this because i am using not stock cooler but ARCTIC ACFRE00061A Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO. Is this normal temperatures with that cpu and this cooler ? I have amd for my first time so maybe these spikes is normal. 

Yes, its completely normal.. dont worry about it. Only if it really starts doing something to perfomance, but i highly doubt it will.

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

i just upgraded from a ryzen 5 2600 to this cpu and man is it SO ANNOYING that the fan speed keeps going up and down. I will try this custom power plan. Or i might just get an AIO liquid cooler. The constant up and down temps have me concerned tho... will that affect the life or performance of the cpu?

6 hours ago, Sprankton said:

i just upgraded from a ryzen 5 2600 to this cpu and man is it SO ANNOYING that the fan speed keeps going up and down. I will try this custom power plan. Or i might just get an AIO liquid cooler. The constant up and down temps have me concerned tho... will that affect the life or performance of the cpu?

Have you tried adjust the fan curve or spinup/spin down time?

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

41 minutes ago, miagisan said:

Have you tried adjust the fan curve or spinup/spin down time?

I have a preset in NZXT cam. I dont know what the spin up spin down time is

22 hours ago, Sprankton said:

Try this 

Its actually helps me a lot, I was either annoying by noise of cpu fan but with amd ryzen custom power plan temperature is much more stable. And still I get good performance of this cpu. And one more thing if you are using oculus software when download oculus tray tool because oculus software is change power plan to high performance, with oculus tray tool you can select which plan you want to use.