Spotify Premium for College students - 4.99$ (US only)

GoodBytes

Mini news:

Are you a College student in the United States?

You can enjoy Spotify Premium service for 4.99$.

You need to validate yourself as a student. To do this you need an .edu email.

To register and more information: https://www.spotify.com/us/student/

Do people still use Spotify?

EDIT:  If you're in the UK, are in full time education, and are 16 or older then you can get 50% off with an NUS card http://www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/discounts/50-off-spotify-premium/.  If you're in eduction then an NUS card is one of the best things you can buy.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

... I'm in high school. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I do, it's awesome, I use the free version though

I don't know. I use XBox Music. Because not only it's just as big library as Spotify, if not more, it simple to use (you pay, you can just download and listen what you want, no ads), and available in Canada. It's also available for free with Windows 8 (has ads).

Spotify isn't availible in Canada

Pretty sweet, if I used spotify I might consider it

Wish more subscription based services offered student discounts

More than you might think

It's much, much cheaper than iTunes or whatever assuming you buy more than a few songs a month. 

only real downside is you never own it

Error: 410

I don't know. I use XBox Music. Because not only it's just as big library as Spotify, if not more, it simple to use (you pay, you can just download and listen what you want, no ads), and available in Canada. It's also available for free with Windows 8 (has ads).

Know what I'm installing when I get home.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

More than you might think

OK, yep, seems like quite a few people use it  :P

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Know what I'm installing when I get home.

If you get the pay service, you can enjoy it on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 with the Zune desktop software.

Zune desktop software also runs on Win8.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=27163

If you are on Windows 8, just fire up Music app, login with your Microsoft account, and enjoy music with ads here and there (or get the subscription to remove the ads)

You can watch out in December for some annual subscription special. I got mine for a year half price from Microsoft online store.

Love spotify, since I'm always on my computer. I could listen to any song I want when I want.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I don't know about the sizes of the music library, but from my experiences with both the only significant difference in functionality between the two is that Xbox Music doesn't have a smartphone app unless you pay (there is a web player, but I don't know how well it works on mobile devices) while Spotify throws "suggested songs" at you if you try to listen to a playlist shorter than 50 (or something) songs. The free version of Spotify has limited skips though, I don't know about Xbox Music.

But if Spotify isn't available in Canada then it doesn't even matter I guess. Either way I'm not going to pay for it when the free version is so adequate.

I don't know about the sizes of the music library, but from my experiences with both the only significant difference in functionality between the two is that Xbox Music doesn't have a smartphone app unless you pay (there is a web player, but I don't know how well it works on mobile devices) while Spotify throws "suggested songs" at you if you try to listen to a playlist shorter than 50 (or something) songs. The free version of Spotify has limited skips though, I don't know about Xbox Music.

But if Spotify isn't available in Canada then it doesn't even matter I guess. Either way I'm not going to pay for it when the free version is so adequate.

True you need to get the paying service for smartphone. I don't have one to try it.

You can skip as much as you want with XBox Music, on both free and obviously payed.

XBox Music doesn't have "suggested songs", but you have Radio, which when clicked on a music artists, it will look through the biography of the artists, and build a lit of people that got influenced or were influenced, or worked with, with similar genre music, and make a nice playlist for you to download or listen.

I have spotify in canada. Use Hola unblocker to make an account and download. The streaming works without a proxy

Here´s hoping it goes international. I´ve used premium for 2 years now.

Spotify has a free version with ads, with spotify 'you pay, you can just download and listen what you want, no ads'. The only thing you mentioned that is different is the Canada availability lol. 

Started using Spotify since last year and I'm in Malaysia. As a premium user I don't regret anything!

I use Google all access, I am thinking of making the switch, mostly to save 5 bucks. 

Much info 

I use Spotify premium. I'm waiting for Wimp HIFI, which is able to stream flac quality music. Seems sweet

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz