Wifi devices disconnect when a specific PC plays games

Hunter1428
Go to solution Solved by Hunter1428,

It turned out to be a UDP setting in project cars 2 causing too many packets being sent.

I decreased the amount it should send and all works without any issues!

Thanks for all the help!

Hey all,

Currently my Computer in my home office is connected directly in to a Asus RT-AC68U (Merlin). But as soon as I play any game on that computer all Wifi connections get disconnected and wont reconnect until I stop playing!

I have tested it multiple times and it is 5/5 repro.

I checked the logs of the router and it's showing a hell load of when I start playing any game:

Mar 16 20:12:02 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind ***, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Mar 16 20:12:03 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth1: Disassoc ***, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Mar 16 20:12:03 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth1: Disassoc ***, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Mar 16 20:12:17 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth ***, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Mar 16 20:12:17 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc ***, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Mar 16 20:12:19 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth1: Disassoc ***, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Mar 16 20:12:19 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind ***, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Mar 16 20:12:19 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind ***, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)
Mar 16 20:12:19 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind ***, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)
Mar 16 20:12:19 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind *, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)
Mar 16 20:12:20 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth ***, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Mar 16 20:12:20 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc ***, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Mar 16 20:12:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth ***, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Mar 16 20:12:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc ***, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Mar 16 20:12:28 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind ***, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Mar 16 20:12:28 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth1: Disassoc ***, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Mar 16 20:12:28 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind ***, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Mar 16 20:12:28 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind ***, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Mar 16 20:12:29 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth1: Disassoc ***, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)

Note: I *** out mac address.

I have no problems if:

• I download a file/game (40gb+)
  • Watch Youtube
  • Talk on Discord/Teams

I have problems when:

• Launch a game (Project Cars 2, FS2020, Xplane)
    • FS2020, Xplane only happens randomly during a flight.
    • Project Cars 2 is as soon as I press start to when I quit the game.

Anyone have any idea?

I have been struggling with this for months!

6 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Have you tried the QoS settings? 

Are you using a VPN? 

• QoS: is on but as "Bandwidth Limiter" and I have not limited any devices.
  • VPN: The router does act as a VPN. I have tested with it off and on and no matter what the same issues occurs.

5 minutes ago, Heliian said:

There's also a setting called port trigger, what is it set to? 

Enable Port Trigger is set to "No"

Ok, if you enable it, there will be some options for controlling it, might be possible to add the programs that are giving you the problem. 

1 minute ago, Heliian said:

Ok, if you enable it, there will be some options for controlling it, might be possible to add the programs that are giving you the problem. 

Sure, I will give that a try!

Update:

Tried enabling the port trigger for Project cars 2 and it made no difference.

I just tried updating the firmware to the latest version and it said it was unsuccessful and ever since I did that it's now spamming the logs every second with wifi disconnects and reconnects. Currently I cannot get a single wifi device to stay connect, everything keeps dropping out as soon as it connects.....

49 minutes ago, Hunter1428 said:

Update:

Tried enabling the port trigger for Project cars 2 and it made no difference.

I just tried updating the firmware to the latest version and it said it was unsuccessful and ever since I did that it's now spamming the logs every second with wifi disconnects and reconnects. Currently I cannot get a single wifi device to stay connect, everything keeps dropping out as soon as it connects.....

Turns out one of the Nodes was causing the problem. I turned it off and it all seems back to normal now.

It turned out to be a UDP setting in project cars 2 causing too many packets being sent.

I decreased the amount it should send and all works without any issues!

Thanks for all the help!