Random 00 boot error code on Asus x299 board?

Sometimes when I turn my PC on I get a 00 error and I need to turn my PC off and back on again and then it posts fine, any idea what could be causing that?

Motherboard is an Asus rog strix x299-e gaming ii with a 9900X cpu, it's running 3x RTX 3080 and 4x8 GB of B-die.

I'm wondering if it's the PSU as it's a kind of "cheap" Kolink 1200W Continuum unit but I don't get any shut downs or weird behavior during operation, although it did trip my fuse box a couple of times in my PCs old location when I turned it on.... but since I moved my PC and im using a different socket, it's not tripped the fusebox.

It's going to be expensive to buy another PSU of this class (if I can even get one) to test if that's the issue so I wanted to exhaust any other options first!

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

46 minutes ago, Kitsan said:

Sometimes when I turn my PC on I get a 00 error and I need to turn my PC off and back on again and then it posts fine, any idea what could be causing that?

Motherboard is an Asus rog strix x299-e gaming ii with a 9900X cpu, it's running 3x RTX 3080 and 4x8 GB of B-die.

I'm wondering if it's the PSU as it's a kind of "cheap" Kolink 1200W Continuum unit but I don't get any shut downs or weird behavior during operation, although it did trip my fuse box a couple of times in my PCs old location when I turned it on.... but since I moved my PC and im using a different socket, it's not tripped the fusebox.

It's going to be expensive to buy another PSU of this class (if I can even get one) to test if that's the issue so I wanted to exhaust any other options first!

I don’t understand the 3x3080 bit. 3080s won’t SLI.  Nvidia limited gpu linking to 3090s.  Is this a mining rig or something?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t understand the 3x3080 bit. 3080s won’t SLI.  Nvidia limited gpu linking to 3090s.  Is this a mining rig or something?

You can use different gpu for different tasks, SLI doesnt scale 100% so you actually get more productivity running them seperately, so in a render farm you don't need SLI and infact its a disadvantage

I swapped out each of the 3080 for a 3090 just to see if one of the 3080s was causing an issue and it didn't make any difference to the 00 boot issue

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

00 is nothing code.

Its just post stalled at first cold start.

Reason, unknown. (Difficult to diagnose)

Diagnostic speaker vs q code reader for actual faults.

IDC how you use the Gpus. That shouldn't matter for your issue.

58 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

00 is nothing code.

Its just post stalled at first cold start.

Reason, unknown. (Difficult to diagnose)

Diagnostic speaker vs q code reader for actual faults.

IDC how you use the Gpus. That shouldn't matter for your issue.

Is there anything you can suggest I try?

This motherboard didn't come with a speaker and there's not one with the case, if I plug in some headphones to the jack will I be able to hear the diagnostic beeps?

I did wonder why he asked about my GPUs but I thought he might be suggesting one was faulty

37 minutes ago, Kitsan said:

This motherboard didn't come with a speaker and there's not one with the case, if I plug in some headphones to the jack will I be able to hear the diagnostic beeps?

I did wonder why he asked about my GPUs but I thought he might be suggesting one was faulty

No the head phones won't work.

Little speaker on ebay is like 3 bucks.

Perhaps with that many cards, there is an issue with start up voltage on one component, maybe the motherboard or Cpu, maybe one of the Gpus.

Start up voltage is generally higher than the operating voltage.

However, in some cases, like my Maximus X Hero, the board restarts 3 times on cold post which is actually normal when running high frequency memory configurations.

44 minutes ago, Kitsan said:

Try removing anything not absolutely essential - use 1 graphics card, 1 drive, 1 stick of RAM and try to get it to POST. Once that's stable, add components one by one until you find the one that is giving your trouble. 

I had an Asus board give a 00 code when my RAM wasn't seated properly, maybe check that?

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450