LG 27GN850-B disconnects and reconnects while my computer is in sleep mode.

Rlmva

My new monitor disconnects and reconnects while I was in the pause menu and the monitor was in sleep mode. I could hear the windows disconnect and connect sound and I got the notification for a G-Sync display detected. Does anyone know what this could be caused by?

I have found that it also does this while in sleep mode just on my home menu in windows.

Mine does the exactly the same thing, i think its just how this monitor works.
Are you using the USB hub on the back of the monitor? If so that could be why you are hearing the windows device connect disconnect sound. It will be the USB hub connecting and disconnecting, if the monitor goes to sleep or turns off it would disconnect the hub. At least i assume that's what it is as mine does the same when i use the usb hub. 

On 3/16/2021 at 5:22 AM, Gus_Soul said:

Mine does the exactly the same thing, i think its just how this monitor works.
Are you using the USB hub on the back of the monitor? If so that could be why you are hearing the windows device connect disconnect sound. It will be the USB hub connecting and disconnecting, if the monitor goes to sleep or turns off it would disconnect the hub. At least i assume that's what it is as mine does the same when i use the usb hub. 

My model does not have the usb hub, I believe that you have the GL model instead of the GN model. But considering that it happens on both of our monitors than it just sounds like what this monitor does.

• 9 months later...

My LG monitor is having the same issue, but it's a different model: 38GN950-B. I already got a replacement and am still having the issue.

Looks like it's a hardware issue, but the support technician said it's not supposed to do that. Of course not. Literally no other monitor has this issue.

Curious if anyone's found a solution yet.