Monitor "no signal" when connected to Xbox S

2DPrinter

Hey all, 

So I have this Xbox S that I am trying to use with my PC monitor, and whenever it is connected, I try and turn my monitor on and it says "no signal". I have tried a bunch of things: Having the Xbox start on low resolution mode, have it boot this troubleshooting menu, switched HDMI cables, used the Xbox's "TV Out" HDMI port, unplugged the monitor and Xbox from power source and trying it again, and I have left the Xbox S on for almost 20 minutes and then tried to turn my monitor on but STILL nothing. 

Context: I turn on the Xbox and the monitor is still in "sleep" mode. I try turning the monitor off and on again, but never works. I got this monitor for free, it is a 1080p monitor that has probably been used for many years. 

Any ideas? 

What monitor is this. 
Try it on a tv and if that fails to produce a signal then the Retimer ic or emi filters have failed. Other possibility is a faulty hdmi port 

2 hours ago, AJ Punchard said:

What monitor is this. 
Try it on a tv and if that fails to produce a signal then the Retimer ic or emi filters have failed. Other possibility is a faulty hdmi port 

The Xbox S works on a TV, I have tried that. Also the HDMI cord I have used works on that TV, so it must be the monitor. 

This monitor is a KDS monitor. Don't know too much about it other than it is pretty old and runs at 1080p 60htz. 

Plug it in to a normal tv. Go to settings. Display/ tv output. Change format options to manual detect change mode to dvi, set resolution to 720p and refresh rate to 60hz.  Apply and switch off. Then connect to monitor. And then configure resolution and see if it sticks. 

1 hour ago, AJ Punchard said:

Plug it in to a normal tv. Go to settings. Display/ tv output. Change format options to manual detect change mode to dvi, set resolution to 720p and refresh rate to 60hz.  Apply and switch off. Then connect to monitor. And then configure resolution and see if it sticks. 

Okay, might try this out, thanks !