Cracked bezel. Stop the portable usage?

The corner bezel of my laptop has a crack.  I don't know how it got there.

My question is will the repeated opening and closing further do damage?  Has the structure been weakened?  Right not it still makes a good desktop replacement.  Should I just keep it as that?  I'd hate for the screen to crack if the structure has been weakened.  😨

screen.jpg

4 minutes ago, Doug_Dangger said:

The corner bezel of my laptop has a crack.  I don't know how it got there.

My question is will the repeated opening and closing further do damage?  Has the structure been weakened?  Right not it still makes a good desktop replacement.  Should I just keep it as that?  I'd hate for the screen to crack if the structure has been weakened.  😨

screen.jpg

Do you still have warranty? If not, try to carefully pry it up a bit to apply loctite super glue on the broken edge and then press it down while it hardens (make sure to wear disposable gloves). You can also use tape if you like but it does not help with rigidity. 

25 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Do you still have warranty? If not, try to carefully pry it up a bit to apply loctite super glue on the broken edge and then press it down while it hardens (make sure to wear disposable gloves). You can also use tape if you like but it does not help with rigidity. 

I'll try the crazy glue.

My fear is one day opening the lid and I hear and feel a CRUNCH!

It affects the rigidity of the chassis. I would try to fix it as it might end up damaging the lcd if you twist the screen torsionally.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.