Youtube

Hello guys ,

Today this weird weird problem started for me on youtube , and i wanted to ask if any of you had this problem and can help me .The space bar doesnt work for me anymore , i mean it doesn't work in the search box . I can't separete words anymore. If im on the home page and i focus the search box , it does nothing . If i open a video and i focus the search box , when i press space the video pauses and unpases and if i pres 1,2,3 etc buttons , the video skips to different positions in the video timeline .... this is irritating ALOT . I have tried with other browser and it works just fine . But on firefox starting today after i watched a few video it doesnt work anymore . I have tried cleaning the cache and the entire history of today . Also tried restarting pc .....im using FIREFOX

7 minutes ago, alinashul said:

Hello guys ,

Today this weird weird problem started for me on youtube , and i wanted to ask if any of you had this problem and can help me .The space bar doesnt work for me anymore , i mean it doesn't work in the search box . I can't separete words anymore. If im on the home page and i focus the search box , it does nothing . If i open a video and i focus the search box , when i press space the video pauses and unpases and if i pres 1,2,3 etc buttons , the video skips to different positions in the video timeline .... this is irritating ALOT . I have tried with other browser and it works just fine . But on firefox starting today after i watched a few video it doesnt work anymore . I have tried cleaning the cache and the entire history of today . Also tried restarting pc .....

It's not clear what browser you're having issues with. Can you be more clear?

35 minutes ago, MoJoMax said:

It's not clear what browser you're having issues with. Can you be more clear?

firefox

38 minutes ago, MoJoMax said:

Did you remove your cookies?

yes , i cleared everything

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

1 minute ago, TrainFan90 said:

Wait, this just happened to my brother earlier today

and how did he fixed it .

Just now, alinashul said:

and how did he fixed it .

It's still broken.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

1 minute ago, TrainFan90 said:

It's still broken.

maybe someone here gives us a fix .... this is very annoying , i cant search :))

Not sure if you saw this thread that you were tagged in:

But it appears that everyone (or at least most people) that are using non-Chromium based browsers like Firefox and Safari have the same issue, so it is likely something on YouTube's side not yours, meaning there's not much you can do other than using Chrome until they fix it.

3 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Not sure if you saw this thread that you were tagged in:

But it appears that everyone (or at least most people) that are using non-Chromium based browsers like Firefox and Safari have the same issue, so it is likely something on YouTube's side not yours, meaning there's not much you can do other than using Chrome until they fix it.

on microsoft edge is working too .... but i dont want to use edge nor chrome .....

Just now, alinashul said:

on microsoft edge is working too .... but i dont want to use edge nor chrome .....

Edge is Chromium based so it makes sense it is working, as far as I can tell the issue is only with non-Chromium browsers. I don't blame you for not wanting to use them, but like I said it appears the issue is on YouTube's side so nothing you can do for now. 

probs Google f..ing YT on other browsers, YT is the only site I have problems with, I'm also using Firefox.

Maybe YouTube getting sick of 3rd party browsers leeching off their content?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

i think it has something to do with the miniplayer ...

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Maybe YouTube getting sick of 3rd party browsers leeching off their content?

….not sure I’d call visiting a publicly available website leeching…

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv