My friends PC won't boot into windows and It gives him "No Signal" after starting every time he tries.

To clarify a few things. We tried unplugging stuff, We tried going into the Bios and we even tried going into safe mode but that didn't work because for some reason his manufacturer locked it apparently?? . (in short "F8" or "ctrl + F8" does nothing). He thinks its a general problem with Windows but iam not convinced. He wants to reinstall windows now and i quickly need some help to turn his mind around before it gets worse. PS: i also have no clue what the problem is. Everything works fine. (Fans, GPU, CPU and Blah) 

Here are some details: He starts the PC, it loads something at least, it turns Blue and then it goes to no signal. He uses Windows 10.

Can you describe if any audible sounds are produced? Like fans ramping to 100% gpu doing the same. iF the fans have RGB are do the flicker on, off then back on before blue screen? 

If possible send a picture of the Bios settings and what exactly is happening as Blue Screen is pretty vague. If hes got it plugged into a Gpu or Motherboard graphics etc. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

That "No signal" is almost certainly being produced by the monitor and not the PC.

Is the display definitely plugged in correctly? (Make sure you plug into the graphics card and not the motherboard)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

That "No signal" is almost certainly being produced by the monitor and not the PC.

Is the display definitely plugged in correctly? (Make sure you plug into the graphics card and not the motherboard)

Everything is plugged in fine. we checked :). we tested the monitor on a different machine and it worked. 

3 minutes ago, Xander Cousins said:

Can you describe if any audible sounds are produced? Like fans ramping to 100% gpu doing the same. iF the fans have RGB are do the flicker on, off then back on before blue screen? 

If possible send a picture of the Bios settings and what exactly is happening as Blue Screen is pretty vague. If hes got it plugged into a Gpu or Motherboard graphics etc. 

Nope. it does not give any sounds. it doesnt blink.  every component works as it should he said. I could provide you with a picture of his Bios or even a video but you'd have to wait like 5 minutes because he isnt here right now.

1 minute ago, Alva Tobias said:

Nope. it does not give any sounds. it doesnt blink.  every component works as it should he said. I could provide you with a picture of his Bios or even a video but you'd have to wait like 5 minutes because he isnt here right now.

no worries i can wait

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

4 minutes ago, Xander Cousins said:

no worries i can wait

Ok he is doing it now. is there anything else we should do? One of my other friend things he knows the problem but hes not sure so we will just send a video and image your way. Hopefully the video isnt too big since the limit here is 20 MB apparently. By the way thank you.

6 minutes ago, Xander Cousins said:

no worries i can wait

20210309_204307.jpg

Can you explain what happened that lead to this issue occurring ? if it was after installing something new, maybe a hard drive, Usb hub or ram something. as the fact your bios boots to screen shows it aint the Mobo or monitor.

Just now, Xander Cousins said:

Can you explain what happened that lead to this issue occurring ? if it was after installing something new, maybe a hard drive, Usb hub or ram something. as the fact your bios boots to screen shows it aint the Mobo or monitor.

If he did install somethings recently like a hard drive get him to look through the boot priority. as i see a USB drive is some reason the primary one. if the boot device was accidentally changed just get it swapped to the correct. if he changed any bios settings get the put back to default as they can cause OS to mess up (XMP my ram caused my pc not to boot windows correctly 😕 )

2 minutes ago, Xander Cousins said:

One second. A video showing what happens when he turns it on comes in a second. we are using drive since its too longe. 

1 minute ago, Alva Tobias said:

One second. A video showing what happens when he turns it on comes in a second. we are using drive since its too longe. 

The USB was from his attempt at reinstalling windows 10. He doesnt remember if he installed anything and he did not change anything. 

quote me when you get the video Ready 

1 minute ago, Xander Cousins said:

quote me when you get the video Ready 

Ill do that

If that's his only monitor has he tried running it through Mobo Graphics port? and seeing if it posts after as it could be a driver fault and just need to update the GPU Drivers (Hopefully) if not Try pressing F11 when the splash screen comes around and seeing if Manually selecting the Boot Drive with the OS will make it run properly

If that's his only monitor has he tried running it through Mobo Graphics port? and seeing if it posts after as it could be a driver fault and just need to update the GPU Drivers (Hopefully) if not Try pressing F11 when the splash screen comes around and seeing if Manually selecting the Boot Drive with the OS will make it run properly

ill ask him. You know its kinda hard since i have to translate it into german for him. 

Just now, Alva Tobias said:

ill ask him. You know its kinda hard since i have to translate it into german for him. 

ahhh 

Just now, Xander Cousins said:

ahhh 

He said non of that helped and he tried that with another friend. They dont have a mobo port and he cant get into the thing to update the drivers.

12 minutes ago, Xander Cousins said:

ahhh 

you there? 

17 minutes ago, Xander Cousins said:

That can't work. He's got a 2600. He'd have to try with a different graphics card.

12 minutes ago, Alva Tobias said:

He said non of that helped and he tried that with another friend. They dont have a mobo port and he cant get into the thing to update the drivers.

Does the blue screen have any sort of errors on it?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

That can't work. He's got a 2600. He'd have to try with a different graphics card.

Does the blue screen have any sort of errors on it?

Nope. you can see it for your self. he recorded him self turning the pc on and off. 

Soz for late reply. If he has a pen with Windows installer on it he should be able to run the repair function from the pen. but thats last resport.

Soz for late reply. If he has a pen with Windows installer on it he should be able to run the repair function from the pen. but thats last resport.

ill ask him. no worries.