How how many manufactured cpus fail testing?

I'm just wondering whats the failure rate of constructing cpu's, as in total ones built, not just shipped out.

The number changes a lot from generation to generation. It also depends, what part of the process are you talking about? Intel's 10nm process is delayed due to yield problems, but those defects are detected before the device is constructed as an entire CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, ScorelessVermin said:

I'm just wondering whats the failure rate of constructing cpu's, as in total ones built, not just shipped out.

Also note that if a cpu fails one test, it can be downclocked into a lower end SKU

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The number changes a lot from generation to generation. It also depends, what part of the process are you talking about? Intel's 10nm process is delayed due to yield problems, but those defects are detected before the device is constructed as an entire CPU.

It also depends on how long into the node life cycle we are. When a node is first spun up, rejection rate is higher than a few years later after the process is streamlined and perfected. 

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

If you mean binning happening as part of QA process, those numbers aren't really public. Its not very good business decision to tell your customers, or even investors, how much of the manufactured products are failure.

But in general, factories aim to have productivity rate ovet 99%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv