Huge Unexplained Weird Sens Mouse Problem

Forekt
Go to solution Solved by Forekt,

So eventually I got a M.2 and figured something was with the hard drive as the problem is gone and I can actually aim not sure what it was but at least its solved now...

Introduction:
To begin with I've already posted a topic on this issue as I've had at for a while just didn't see it much of a problem at the time and played with it, here I am trying to solve this mystery hoping some genius from reddit solves it for me.

The Problem:
The problem seems simple but I couldn't find a way to fix it, obviously. The issue is only noticeable whenever I play games that require aim for my case this would be Valorant and Osu. The problem even occurs inside windows when I don't play games. Whenever I move my mouse at higher speeds I notice a very weird random sensitivity change as if my mouse is drifting to other places as I move my mouse in circles but this isn't about inconsistent circles this is a general problem in any direction or movement with the mouse. I've tried other patterns like Left and Right in a straight line or Up and Down etc, the problem stays the same. It's as if the sensitivity becomes inconsistent and changes itself at random times. Also I mentioned that this is noticeable at high speeds simply because you don't aim like a snail so this could also happen during slow movements just it is less noticeable. I am unable to record my mouse movement, however, I keep my wrist flat down on the desk with a claw grip on the mouse obviously just moving the wrist not my entire hand when aiming. I've decided to record my mouse movement going weird (on screen). I would like to repeat myself and say this again it is not an effect I think is happening and is not placebo another reason for this is the fact that Osu for example is a game with a limited amount of space on screen you cannot infinitely do 360's on it like on valorant it's 2D, so I adjusted my sens quite (high) so I don't have to lift my wrist as I would have consistent aim etc... everyone knows that lifting your wrist is not a good especially for aim and it's just common sense so I'm actually going to go mental if someone says it's placebo.
Video: Mouse????? - YouTube 0:45

What I've tried:
  • Factory Reset PC
  • New Parts (MB & RAM & CPU)
  • Used Other Mouse's and Mouse Pads
  • New Monitor
  • Yes, obviously I play with mouse acceleration disabled.
  • Changing Sensitivity in Windows and DPI
  • Reinstalling All Drivers
  •  
Gear and Specs:
Mouse: Logitech G402 / Razer Mamba TE + MousePad Steelseries Quick+ / Razer Goliathus SpeedMonitor: AOC C24G1 144hz 1ms FreesyncPC: 1050 TI + Ryzen 5 3600 + TUF Gaming B550M+Plus + 16GB RAM 3000 + HDD 1 TB
Lastly thanks for reading and putting your time into my lovely problem.. 😛

Based on the info we have it seems that the "problem" is most likely you. 

Your video really just looks like you jiggling the mouse around. Also your wrist is not "dead center on the mouse pad," it's way off on the left side, not that it really matters.

But I am guessing that you think the problem is that the aim point (the center of your little mouse circles) drifts around instead of  staying where it was when you started? (Why you chose to do your demo video with a knife instead of a weapon where there would actually be a crosshair on the screen to use as a reference point is beyond me.) Your little mouse circles probably aren't as consistent or perfectly regular as you think (nobody can draw a perfect circle over and over again) and so your overall aim point slowly drifts.

We've eliminated it being a problem with the mouse itself because it happens with multiple mice. We've eliminated it being a software or OS problem because you've reinstalled/reset both. You've used different mouse surfaces.

The only consistent factor is you. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I understand how this looks and that it simply shows a "placebo effect" but that is simply not it, the reason for that is I wouldn't have to counter my crosshair gliding off when I'm holding my wrist down in the same position without moving it anywhere else as lifting it off would simply decrease my accuracy and also for me it's muscle memory not to lift off when I'm playing a game like osu in osu it means that you cannot do inifinite 360's this means you are locked to a specific area meaning you can adjust your sensitivity accordingly so that you are able to touch every spot of the screen without physically moving your wrist to the side up or down etc... now the fact that my crosshair drifts off after 5 or so minutes it means I have to physically lift my wrist or adjust it and I don't want this because I have to be able to focus on consistently clicking the circles...

Not sure if this is a good enough description lmk.

If you have mouse acceleration on, disable it. I think some mice have hardware acceleration (usually a small amount) that can't be disabled. I think what's happening is that you're probably right handed and when you're doing circles you're moving the mouse a little faster from the left to right direction than the right to left direction. With mouse acceleration, that means the cursor is moving faster over x surface distance when you move the mouse faster than moving the mouse slow. Such as quickly moving the mouse, say 5 inches on the mousepad moves the cursor 1000 pixels. Slowly moving the mouse 5 inches on the mousepad moves the cursor 600 pixels. I'm hypothesizing that you're probably moving the mouse slightly faster towards the right than towards the left which is why it's drifting. I tested this circle thing out and the circles drifted quite a bit to the right side all the way to my second screen.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

So what would be a possible fix for this then, huh? Are you suggesting a mouse that doesn't have mouse acceleration on it? Why would gaming mice have acceleration on them without being able to turn it off?

Even though you at least didn't say it's placebo here's what I wrote before your post:
Ok I took a friend to hold my wrist tight against the mouse pad so that I wouldn't move it a single bit now I took the bottom of my mouse against my palm so that its locked and can't move up and down i started to move my mouse left and right and did that for a minute and the whole cursor ended up for the bottom to the top of the screen.

No modern gaming mouse has acceleration.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

20 minutes ago, Forekt said:

So what would be a possible fix for this then, huh? Are you suggesting a mouse that doesn't have mouse acceleration on it? Why would gaming mice have acceleration on them without being able to turn it off?

Even though you at least didn't say it's placebo here's what I wrote before your post:
Ok I took a friend to hold my wrist tight against the mouse pad so that I wouldn't move it a single bit now I took the bottom of my mouse against my palm so that its locked and can't move up and down i started to move my mouse left and right and did that for a minute and the whole cursor ended up for the bottom to the top of the screen.

Not sure. I tried different profiles in RawAccel and my mouse also ended up drifting off to the right eventually, not in any game. There might be a magic setting in the program but the drift doesn't bother me too much. Perhaps it's due to the centrifugal force from the rotation of earth and the gravitational acceleration....

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

So eventually I got a M.2 and figured something was with the hard drive as the problem is gone and I can actually aim not sure what it was but at least its solved now...

Edited by Forekt
Update