Pc keeps turning off and wont turn on again for a while?

So my pc was fine before, been using it for a while like this aside from the GPU but now it randomly shuts off and takes a good 5min to get power again, I literally can't turn it on.

It was fine before, I dont think its related to overheating as my temps seem fine, watercooled both gpu/cpu got a little screen displaying temps and theres nothing out of ordinary.

PSU is a Seasonic focus plus 750w gold, i've had it for a few years now, like 4/5years.. Since its not getting power for a minute or so, might be related to that but im not really sure why its not getting power one minute and the other minute gets power? Is there some sort of "frying prevention" happening?

Im using quite a bit of stuff that requires power, could the PSU not be able to handle all this stuff? Heres what I have hooked to it

1 commander pro with 9 fans and a rgb light strip hooked to it.

16gb ram and 2 lightning ram sticks

1 pump

RTX 3080

Ryzen 7 3700x

1 250gb samsung 860 ssd and a P1 Crucial nvme 

Theres also lightning on the motherboard and GPU block, and a bunch of USBs hooked on the back like DAC, mouse, keyboard, a mini display, a mic and a streamdeck.. I dont think theres anything else that would require power.

I used everything on air out of the case for a while, like 2 months (while waiting for parts to arrive) and it was fine, it didnt have the mini display or the rgb strip/fans hooked to it as it was just sitting on the desk on a box.

Any ideas as to what could be happening?

13 minutes ago, dy0 said:

So my pc was fine before, been using it for a while like this aside from the GPU but now it randomly shuts off and takes a good 5min to get power again, I literally can't turn it on.

It was fine before, I dont think its related to overheating as my temps seem fine, watercooled both gpu/cpu got a little screen displaying temps and theres nothing out of ordinary.

PSU is a Seasonic focus plus 750w gold, i've had it for a few years now, like 4/5years.. Since its not getting power for a minute or so, might be related to that but im not really sure why its not getting power one minute and the other minute gets power? Is there some sort of "frying prevention" happening?

Im using quite a bit of stuff that requires power, could the PSU not be able to handle all this stuff? Heres what I have hooked to it

1 commander pro with 9 fans and a rgb light strip hooked to it.

16gb ram and 2 lightning ram sticks

1 pump

RTX 3080

Ryzen 7 3700x

1 250gb samsung 860 ssd and a P1 Crucial nvme 

Theres also lightning on the motherboard and GPU block, and a bunch of USBs hooked on the back like DAC, mouse, keyboard, a mini display, a mic and a streamdeck.. I dont think theres anything else that would require power.

I used everything on air out of the case for a while, like 2 months (while waiting for parts to arrive) and it was fine, it didnt have the mini display or the rgb strip/fans hooked to it as it was just sitting on the desk on a box.

Any ideas as to what could be happening?

1. Does it crash under high load? if yes, there is your answer
if not, it's a bit more complicated.

It could be a bad psu that failed due to running above what it is rated for. If you can hook up the rgb stick and it actually light up without being connected to mobo (is that possible?) while unplugging motherboard +cpu+graphics+card+storage and then check back in  a while to see of the light strip is still up, then you can ensure its something to do with the actual computer.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah so you are for sure overloading that psu.

Is there a way to check that so I can be sure? I can't just buy a new 800+ psu to check as it will be a pain in the ass to return it if thats not the issue.

Just now, dy0 said:

Is there a way to check that so I can be sure? I can't just buy a new 800+ psu to check as it will be a pain in the ass to return it if thats not the issue.

Well over very good new 750w psu's a regular air cooled non rgb system with a 3080 can already easily cause a shutdown soooooo. Factor in the easily 100w extra constant load of all your rgb + watercooling stuff + a older KNOWN to have issues with the 3000 series powerspikes psu well yeah pretty obvious which is the problem here.

9 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

1. Does it crash under high load? if yes, there is your answer
if not, it's a bit more complicated.

It could be a bad psu that failed due to running above what it is rated for. If you can hook up the rgb stick and it actually light up without being connected to mobo (is that possible?) while unplugging motherboard +cpu+graphics+card+storage and then check back in  a while to see of the light strip is still up, then you can ensure its something to do with the actual computer.

I think it allways crashed when i was playing a game or had a game in the background. I also just found out my ram temps were way too high for some reason, like 50ºC+, It used to stay much lower, I turned off the LEDs and put a fan blowing on them to see if that was the issue

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well over very good new 750w psu's a regular air cooled non rgb system with a 3080 can already easily cause a shutdown soooooo. Factor in the easily 100w extra constant load of all your rgb + watercooling stuff + a older KNOWN to have issues with the 3000 series powerspikes psu well yeah pretty obvious which is the problem here.

Hmm, I never had issues with PSU's so I cant really comment on that, if the PSU got overloaded, would it prevent me from turning it back on right after going down though?

2 minutes ago, dy0 said:

Hmm, I never had issues with PSU's so I cant really comment on that, if the PSU got overloaded, would it prevent me from turning it back on right after going down though?

Yeah they often have a timeframe of discharging. Can often trick it by a powerflush.

5 minutes ago, dy0 said:

I think it allways crashed when i was playing a game or had a game in the background. I also just found out my ram temps were way too high for some reason, like 50ºC+, It used to stay much lower, I turned off the LEDs and put a fan blowing on them to see if that was the issue

50c on ram is nothing major. It really is just your psu here.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah they often have a timeframe of discharging. Can often trick it by a powerflush.

Ill try to undervolt the gpu to see if thats enough, really dont want to spend extra on a psu right now 

44 minutes ago, dy0 said:

Ill try to undervolt the gpu to see if thats enough, really dont want to spend extra on a psu right now 

I don't know much about components, but a psu is something I wouldn't mess with. That can actually kill other components in your pc. You should probably get it replaced asap. Not an expert tho!

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv