Is the GT710 enough for super basic stuff like watching 1080p YT, discord, etc? and anything to look for when buying one, like being ddr5?

Rxd

I will by building a new PC soon but until prices of GPUs normalize I will have to use my current one in the new system and I need a dirt cheap GPU for my old PC because it's a Ryzen one. The GT 710 is the cheapest that exists here for around 40 euros. (yes, I know that the cheapest is never a good option but I literally just need it for using my system, the moment I get a new GPU, my current one is going back in my old PC)
1) Is the GT710 enough for the stuff I've mentioned in the title - 1080p YT, discord, watching discord streams?
1.5) On a side note watching YT in high quality is as hard on the GPU as daily stuff goes, is this true?
2) Is there anything I need to be looking for when I am getting one? I've heard to make sure to get a ddr5 model, anything else?
3) Will the system overall feel slower? (dumb question)

1,1.5 > yes its fine.

2, 3 > no.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Rxd said:

I will by building a new PC soon but until prices of GPUs normalize I will have to use my current one in the new system and I need a dirt cheap GPU for my old PC because it's a Ryzen one. The GT 710 is the cheapest that exists here for around 40 euros. (yes, I know that the cheapest is never a good option but I literally just need it for using my system, the moment I get a new GPU, my current one is going back in my old PC)
1) Is the GT710 enough for the stuff I've mentioned in the title - 1080p YT, discord, discord streams?
1.5) On a side note, from what I've heard, watching YT in high quality is as hard on the GPU as daily stuff goes, is this true?
2) Is there anything I need to be looking for when I getting one? I've heard to make sure to get a ddr5 model, anything else?
3) Will the system overall feel slower? (might a dumb question)

If a gt 710 can't run basic apps, then there wouldn't be 30% of average people who have old intel hd graphics which are as bad as a gt710.

The GT710 is good enough for those basic tasks, which are mostly playback. It's not made for stream encoding like the newer GTX/RTX cards.

DDR5 is what you need over the DDR3 models.

One suggestion, maybe you can also settle for a secondhand GT 1030, I've seen them go for under 50 Euros sometimes lately. Depends on your location and the offers though.

The GT710 will be enough for most general use tasks. You would want a GDDR 3 or 5 version. AVOID DDR3 or 4 versions! A used 750 or 650 would be a better value, but they wouldn't let you do much more then the 710.

My primary system: Core I7 10700k, 32 gb Trident Z RGB ram@3200mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SSC (will upgrade), NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard (Black), Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB SSD, NZXT C850 PSU, Hyper 212 EVO cooler (getting new water cooler soon), NZXT H510i case. 

My secondary system: Core I7 4820k, 16 gb quad channel 1600mhz ram, GTX 780 reference, Asus PX79LE, SK Hynix GOLD s31 500gb SSD, some 10 yr old Cooler Master 750w psu, Hyper 212, old Cooler Master case.

Laptop: Lenovo l380 yoga I5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd storage)

Just now, Benji said:

Most likely not, unless you find a browser in which it is possible to disabled WebM (VP9). YouTube will pretty much always use VP9, even on 144p videos, and the GT710 doesn't have a decoder for that. But typical H.264 videos from Discord and so on should be fine, still.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhanced-h264ify/omkfmpieigblcllmkgbflkikinpkodlk?hl=en

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhanced-h264ify/

This has been around for good 6 years. FTFY

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I have a GT710 and it works pretty well for those purposes.  Images may load a little slower on discord though.

dont get a GT710.. a GT1030 isnt too much more, and it can actually do *something* more than displaying content.

Can you afford to get a 1030 instead? It'll be much better than the 710. If you can't then the 710 is still fine, though it may struggle with some things. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yup, at least it can play YouTube without an add-on for example. Low-end gaming should also be possible, which is something that can't be said about the GT710.

It still can play youtube without an addon, stop trying to bend the reality. It just will be heavier on CPU. Even my N3060 Celeron from 2016 can play VP9 videos (however only at 480p) despite being less powerful than mid level smartphones nowadays. Enabling H264ify is not heavy on resources or cost you anything.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Which is not "bending the reality" when it makes your CPU go brrr just to decode a simple video.

Again VP9 decoding does not "make(s) your CPU go brr " or that hard on hardware as long as you arent using an absolute piece of shit as I am.

Edited by Levent
grammer

For the people who suggested me to get a 1030 - brand new ones cost x2, starting at 90 euros. About 2nd hand ones - I found few, cheapest one being 50 euros but the 2nd hand market here is overall dead and I don't really trust it. Also I am fine using 1 extension if that's all I have to do.

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

Again VP9 decoding does not "make(s) your CPU go brr " or that hard on hardware as long as you arent using an absolute piece of shit as I am.

13 minutes ago, Benji said:

Which is not "bending the reality" when it makes your CPU go brrr just to decode a simple video.

Not everybody likes using add-ons for everything just because you decide to buy ancient hardware that can't keep up with modern tasks. The 1030 would really be a better option.

Not using h.264ify is just kind of dumb. It's really easy, and I'm pretty sure the pain of installing an extension, and images loading on discord 0.3 seconds faster is worth less than $50

37 minutes ago, Rxd said:

For the people who suggested me to get a 1030 - brand new ones cost x2, starting at 90 euros. About 2nd hand ones - I found few, cheapest one being 50 euros but the 2nd hand market here is overall dead and I don't really trust it. Also I am fine using 1 extension if that's all I have to do.

you're paying about 40-50 euros more for a card that'll actually pull some weight in the long run, as opposed to a "stopgap and landfill" card. yes it is double the pirce, but it is more than double the usability. dont underestimate the level of 'potato' that a GT710 is. also, a lot of software is actually gpu accelerated these days, and you're essentially relying on 'the cheapest chipset' nvidia could produce in 2014 to run a world where the settings app is gpu accelerated.

if you MUST absolutely cheap out.. at least wait until the GT1010 (appareantly announced in janaury..) hits the market, so you have a landfill card from 2021, rather than a landfill card from 2014.

@manikyathI appreciate the care but I just need something to be able to turn on my 2nd PC until I can get a 3070 under 700 euros, also if a 1010 appears here I will for sure get that instead, didn't know such a card even existed so thanks for letting me know.