SIZE of an AIO for 10850k?

iCoNrant
Go to solution Solved by Entropy.,
4 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

Agree, because I want to stick with same manufacturer aio and case together. 

My Case can support 360 rad on top, just need to know which is the best for the money. Don't tell me arctic cooler in my country, they are wayyyyy overpriced. 240mm arctic is $144 

How much is the deepcool ex lineup? I basically answered your questions above.

240mm- Good if you're not overclocking or you're not trying to do a balls-to-the-wall oc

280mm- Good for basically any oc, pricing on most aios should be only slightly higher than the 240's but should perform a decent bit better. Keep in mind that larger fans usually have a lower static pressure- which might be slightly limiting performance.

360mm- It'll look better in your case, but it's quite expensive and not really worth it. It'll have slightly better thermals and might look better in your opinion.

I'm thinking of the new glacier one from phanteks with the new asetek gen 7 design for the 10850k.

240mm is $138

280mm is $153

360mm is $185

Which is worth considering I'm putting in to the phanteks P500a case. 

7 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

I'm thinking of the new glacier one from phanteks with the new asetek gen 7 design for the 10850k.

240mm is $138

280mm is $153

360mm is $185

I'd say those aios are somewhat overpriced, and asetek... yukk. Is there a particular reason you want one? 

I'd get a liquid freezer ii or deepcool ex aio. If you want to run it at stock a 240mm should be more than enough, especially in a p500a. If you wanted to oc a 280mm and 360mm would probably be better choices. The the law of diminishing returns really hits hard transitioning from a 280 to a 360, so I wouldn't really recommend a 360, but then your case has space for a triple fan rad, and a double might look a little wonky. I'd say 240mm for stock and lighter oc's, 280mm if you want to try to push your chip, and 360mm if you want slightly better thermal performance and want the aio to look nice and pretty in your case. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

10 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

240mm is $138

280mm is $153

360mm is $185

Those seem quite overpriced tbh. What other options are available?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

14 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I'd say those aios are somewhat overpriced, and asetek... yukk. Is there a particular reason you want one? 

I'd get a liquid freezer ii or deepcool ex aio. If you want to run it at stock a 240mm should be more than enough, especially in a p500a. If you wanted to oc a 280mm and 360mm would probably be better choices. The the law of diminishing returns really hits hard transitioning from a 280 to a 360, so I wouldn't really recommend a 360, but then your case has space for a triple fan rad, and a double might look a little wonky. I'd say 240mm for stock and lighter oc's, 280mm if you want to try to push your chip, and 360mm if you want slightly better thermal performance and want the aio to look nice and pretty in your case. 

10 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Those seem quite overpriced tbh. What other options are available?

My Case can support 360 rad on top, just need to know which is the best for the money. Don't tell me arctic cooler in my country, they are wayyyyy overpriced. 240mm arctic is $144 

4 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

240mm- Good if you're not overclocking or you're not trying to do a balls-to-the-wall oc

280mm- Good for basically any oc, pricing on most aios should be only slightly higher than the 240's but should perform a decent bit better. Keep in mind that larger fans usually have a lower static pressure- which might be slightly limiting performance.

360mm- It'll look better in your case, but it's quite expensive and not really worth it. It'll have slightly better thermals and might look better in your opinion.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

8 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Generally I'm not getting deepcool aio because of the short life of warranty in my country is only 2 years

1 hour ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Maybe I'm gonna consider a 280mm or 360mm, and just depend on the price so thanks for the time