I NEED HELP

Mcken3ie

I was playing cold war then my pc turned off id been playing zombies for about an hour now my pc smells of smoke and wont boot please help quick 

Specs

B450 f asus

Ryzen5 3600

Rx 580

8gb 2400mhz ram

1tb harddrive 

Ace 600w atx switching psu

What connector is melted?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I think that dodge power supply is the problem, it simple couldn't handle the load and blew up, this is bad cause it can take other components with it...

1. In the future please try to make your thread title something descriptive of the problem. Every day ~20 people post threads on these forums titled some variation of "help me." 

2. In the future, don't try to boot a PC that smells like smoke. 

3.. Open the PC, unplug all power supply cables, and inspect them for signs of damage.

4. If you find a damaged cable, inspect the corresponding connector on the part it was plugged in to. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

1. In the future please try to make your thread title something descriptive of the problem. Every day ~20 people post threads on these forums titled some variation of "help me." 

2. In the future, don't try to boot a PC that smells like smoke. 

3.. Open the PC, unplug all power supply cables, and inspect them for signs of damage.

4. If you find a damaged cable, inspect the corresponding connector on the part it was plugged in to. 

If it was gpu or cpu would i be liable for an rma?

If you mean one of these Ace 600w : https://www.cclonline.com/product/58745/A-600BR/Power-Supplies/Ace-600W-ATX-Power-Supply-Unit-in-Black/PSU0228/

These are lying about that 600 watts, they aren't capable of that much. If you look on the label, you may see (check pictures in link above) it says 12v and 26A ... that's 12 x 26 = 312 watts maximum on 12v

Your cpu goes up to around 60-80 watts, the RX 580 up to around 200-220 watts, the motherboard and fans consume around 10-15w from 12v ... so you're very close to 300-350w on 12v when gaming.

Loose connectors can also overheat, bad contacts mean higher resistance and that means that point where connector and header meet can overheat and then the plastic shroud of the connector or header can melt.

open pc and check every power connector, check every wire going to connectors, if the insulation melted off wires make sure exposed wires don't touch.

could be the power supply just died due to overheating..

if you want to, open the case and take some pictures, show us what you think loos out of the ordinary

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If you mean one of these Ace 600w : https://www.cclonline.com/product/58745/A-600BR/Power-Supplies/Ace-600W-ATX-Power-Supply-Unit-in-Black/PSU0228/

These are lying about that 600 watts, they aren't capable of that much. If you look on the label, you may see (check pictures in link above) it says 12v and 26A ... that's 12 x 26 = 312 watts maximum on 12v

Your cpu goes up to around 60-80 watts, the RX 580 up to around 200-220 watts, the motherboard and fans consume around 10-15w from 12v ... so you're very close to 300-350w on 12v when gaming.

Loose connectors can also overheat, bad contacts mean higher resistance and that means that point where connector and header meet can overheat and then the plastic shroud of the connector or header can melt.

It looks similar to that thanks for telling me it was that psu because i got a prebuilt then upgraded the parts other than that and it didnt have a 8pin either so i bought a splitter and because of that i assume i cant get a rma/ voids warranty because i misused it?

8 minutes ago, Mcken3ie said:

It looks similar to that thanks for telling me it was that psu because i got a prebuilt then upgraded the parts other than that and it didnt have a 8pin either so i bought a splitter and because of that i assume i cant get a rma?

The lack of a 8 pin pci-e connector was a sign the power supply was lying about its abilities... if it wasn't designed to power a hungry video card in the first place but it's rated for 600 watts? Lie.

Nobody has to know that you got a splitter and you don't have to provide lots of explanations and run your month, you can just say you tried to turn on the computer in the morning and the pc didn't turn on and you smell some smoke so you unplugged the pc.

If the power supply failed and your pc is still under warranty, just contact the prebuilt guys and ask to send the power supply to warranty, if you're sure that's the part that died. The power supply could still work, but -for example - a connector may have overheated and because of that a 12v wire and a ground wire may now touch, and the power supply could refuse to start because of this... 

Either way, you'd be better off just buying a decent power supply that can actually supply your components with at least 400-450 watts on 12v output (so pretty much any brand name 500-550w power supply)

Even if the store agrees to replace your power supply, they'll probably give you same model or something equally of poor quality so again, makes sense to just buy new power supply.

BUT open the pc and look at the wires and connectors like I said, check connectors and headers.