WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

erosbalint

Hello,

I have a serious problem. I have a  1 year old Dell Inspiron 15 5584 laptop, and I frequently getting an WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD, sometimes after a month, but sometimes after a few days from the last crash. I attached the event viewer log of the critical error (2 of them) and the WHEA Logger error. The dump file for the BSOD is missing, I can't find it anywhere, it's not in the system32 or windows folder.

Furthermore I did a few stress test for my processor (intel core i5-8265U), to my memory (8GB DDR4), Nvme ssd, and every test passed with no problem, I also tested the graphics card (NVIDIA MX130), that's okay too. During the tests I didn't get any BSOD. We bought the laptop about 1 year ago in Hungary, but the warranty doesn't mean to be for the software part of the PC. just for the hardware. Anyway I don't have any problem with the laptop, it is running without lagging, doing strange things, etc. I can play on it without problem, the problem used to come while watching, installing sth. :(

EventViewerLog.evtx

Usually that's indicative of a hardware failure. It's not necessarily a doomsday thing and is tied to overclocking, but for example, I picked up a motherboard recently that was throwing me that error. Through use of Memtest64 and Memtest86+ along with swapping out RAM, I was able to narrow it down to a DIMM issue. Frequently, that error is just because of bad RAM.

The first thing I'd say to do is go into Command Prompt as an administrator and enter:

sfc /scannow

That will rule out your OS as a cause. If it returns unrecoverable errors, just use the Windows 10 ISO straight from Microsoft to reinstall Windows without wiping out your programs or applications. I have had that method fail me in the past, but not within the last year or so (if not longer). If it doesn't return unrecoverable errors, switch your focus to RAM, because that's where the problem usually lies, in my experience, if there's no overclocking taking place.

First, put Memtest86+ on a USB. There's a .exe on Memtest's site to make a bootable USB automatically for you. Next, reboot into BIOS and restore it to defaults. You want a clean slate for this next part. Then reboot into the USB key, walk away, and let Memtest86+ do its thing for at least 8 uninterrupted hours. My goal is to complete 8 passes, which takes...a while. Sometimes those errors don't pop up until after 5-6 passes are completed.

I'm assuming your laptop is still under warranty, so if that's the case, do not open anything up. If you're getting errors on Memtest86+, take a picture of the screen to have on hand when you contact Dell about a warranty claim. If it doesn't return anything, still contact Dell for a warranty claim. Let them figure out hardware shit for you.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, erosbalint said:

but the warranty doesn't mean to be for the software part of the PC. just for the hardware.

This quite literally the hardware error, your OS tells you so.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

On 3/6/2021 at 5:31 PM, aisle9 said:

Usually that's indicative of a hardware failure. It's not necessarily a doomsday thing and is tied to overclocking, but for example, I picked up a motherboard recently that was throwing me that error. Through use of Memtest64 and Memtest86+ along with swapping out RAM, I was able to narrow it down to a DIMM issue. Frequently, that error is just because of bad RAM.

The first thing I'd say to do is go into Command Prompt as an administrator and enter:

sfc /scannow

That will rule out your OS as a cause. If it returns unrecoverable errors, just use the Windows 10 ISO straight from Microsoft to reinstall Windows without wiping out your programs or applications. I have had that method fail me in the past, but not within the last year or so (if not longer). If it doesn't return unrecoverable errors, switch your focus to RAM, because that's where the problem usually lies, in my experience, if there's no overclocking taking place.

First, put Memtest86+ on a USB. There's a .exe on Memtest's site to make a bootable USB automatically for you. Next, reboot into BIOS and restore it to defaults. You want a clean slate for this next part. Then reboot into the USB key, walk away, and let Memtest86+ do its thing for at least 8 uninterrupted hours. My goal is to complete 8 passes, which takes...a while. Sometimes those errors don't pop up until after 5-6 passes are completed.

I'm assuming your laptop is still under warranty, so if that's the case, do not open anything up. If you're getting errors on Memtest86+, take a picture of the screen to have on hand when you contact Dell about a warranty claim. If it doesn't return anything, still contact Dell for a warranty claim. Let them figure out hardware shit for you.

Thanks for the answer I will try that!