Headphones not going as loud as they can?

Hello, I'm confused to why my headphones (Blackshark V2 X) aren't going as loud as they can. Not that I want to kill my eardrums but ever since I changed my motherboard I noticed that the new one (B450 Aorus Pro) produces lower volume than my old one (MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max). I don't use any AMPs or DACs and have just plugged them directly into the back of the motherboard. I'm running them at 32bit 192kHz (I know there's no point in using anything over 24bit 48kHz as there isn't a noticable difference). And don't get me wrong, they get quite loud, but just not quite like on my MSI mobo. Is using an AMP the only way to make them louder?

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Not just that, it means it is also up-sampling and thus modifying the actual audio signal because basically nothing in terms of pure audio on a computer is over 2ch 44.1 kHz, even 24-bit will probably be a rarity. CDs, for example, have a higher bitrate and quality than a lot of audio on your computer and CDs are usually 16-bit 44.1 kHz LPCM 2ch. The Compact Disc Digital Audio has that as it's standard specification that every CD player has to be capable of playing back. It's called "Red Book" and is from the "Rainbow Books".

I would probably recommend that you tune down what you expect and protect your ears. My AKG K702 for example are relatively low-impedance but require quite a lot of output power to produce usable volume (which is why they are so difficult to shop for an amp/DAC because they can change their sound quite a bit), and both my PC's front audio panel (ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming) and my laptop can produce ear-shattering volume with these things that I couldn't stand for longer than a minute.

Yeah definitely. I'm really happy with the sound they produce already, it's amazing. I was just asking out of curiosity. Thanks!

@ImperialHub2

Different mainboards will have different output voltages. If they are loud enough, it's fine. The headphones don't decide how loud it will be, the amplifier will.