My old Hp g62-340us, freezing problem

so my old laptop has now reached its end like 1 year ago when windows 7 lost support but i'm pretty sure this happened before january 2020. Long story short when im using the laptop, (not internet anymore but also internet explorer)

the laptop would freeze like nothing would happen no blue screen nothing, i would just have to restart the laptop manually, so i cant do shit like get the files out because of the freezing

it has the original drive

8gb of ram upgraded 

original everything else

ill send a photo as soon as possible

9 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

so my old laptop has now reached its end like 1 year ago when windows 7 lost support but i'm pretty sure this happened before january 2020. Long story short when im using the laptop, (not internet anymore but also internet explorer)

the laptop would freeze like nothing would happen no blue screen nothing, i would just have to restart the laptop manually, so i cant do shit like get the files out because of the freezing

it has the original drive

8gb of ram upgraded 

original everything else

ill send a photo as soon as possible

edited this cause I can't read oof

6 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

my bet is an unreliable battery since it cuts out without blue screen

i replaced the battery, but good point as it was not the company's battery, but the thing is that the fans are still running during freeze

its still runnin windows 7

1 minute ago, FakeFBI said:

i replaced the battery, but good point as it was not the company's battery, but the thing is that the fans are still running during freeze

its still runnin windows 10

The only way easy way to tell if its software/hardware is reset windows 10 - im assuming you dont have any important files on the old laptop

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

The only way easy way to tell if its software/hardware is reset windows 10 - im assuming you dont have any important files on the old laptop

oooops, i was supposed to say 7, it has some old vides of me as a little kid lmao, because it was my moms laptop, and has a few games when i used it to game.

my mom deid so i dont really want to lose the files

1 minute ago, FakeFBI said:

oooops, i was supposed to say 7, it has some old vides of me as a little kid lmao, because it was my moms laptop, and has a few games when i used it to game.

my mom deid so i dont really want to lose the files

is there any sort of trend when it freezes? try have task manager open in the corner so you know what is going on when it freezes 

3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

is there any sort of trend when it freezes? try have task manager open in the corner so you know what is going on when it freezes 

good idea my laptop is charging now, theres no specific task, just like 10-15 minutes it just bins itself

Just now, FakeFBI said:

good idea my laptop is charging now, theres no specific task, just like 10-15 minutes it just bins itself

probably some background service or whenever the cpu spikes to 100% it crashes or something like that. You never know until you look.

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

probably some background service or whenever the cpu spikes to 100% it crashes or something like that. You never know until you look.

ill never know until my laptop charges, im busy so i dont have time to do it right now, ill do it at noon