How do I solo mine?

How do I solo Mine dogecoin? Sorry if this answer is vague, I'm just not good at writing.

2 hours ago, Stygian Zenith said:

that's a thing?

Yes! You can mine by yourself and dogecoin is a small scrypt-based coin worth about 5 cents

I’d imagine you find the pool info, put that in to an appropriate miner that does the alt coin and you’re set. I’m sure there are a million YouTube videos with a tutorial. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Depends on what equipment you have, if you have an ASIC like me you can solo mine on CK's solo pool. the forum and thread for that pool is here

if you have GPU's to solo mine ETH then you can use ethsolo pool to solo mine.

I'm assuming you don't have an ASIC as most noobs don't have them these days. So I'll lead with you solo mining ETH since its the most profitable altcoin.

When you solo mine its like playing the lottery you might hit a block in 2 hours or you might hit a block in 30 years. compared to pool mining you get constant payouts. With solo mining if you don't find a block you don't get paid anything. But if you find a block you get the entire block minus the pool fee of like 2% which isn't much of anything when a whole block is in play.

Obviously its a risk vs reward thing i found a BTC block in 13 hours once, the odds at the time were it should take 27 years to find a block with my hash speed. i also solo mined ETH for 2 months and didn't find a damn thing.

I have free power so i could point all my rigs (ETH and BTC) at their respective solo pools but i only have 4th/s going to solo BTC and i stopped solo mining ETH for the time being.