Is my macbook suitable for streaming???

Hi everyone,
I've been making my setup and slobs ready for my new stream. But today I realized (right before buying Elgato H60 s+) that my MacBook pro, which I want to use as my streaming pc, is probably not strong enough. It has an i5, 8GB ram, and only 2 cores. On the site, I have seen it says minimum a quadcore, but maybe someone uses a dual core.

My gaming pc is strong, it has a 3070, Ryzen 5 5600x, and 16Gb ram. But if I stream warzone, I am dropping a tremendous amount of frames, and it's not enjoyable for me.
My question is, would I be able to stream off of my MacBook, or do I need to invest in a streaming pc. OR could I maybe upgrade my 16GB ram to 32 Gb ram, would that increase my fps in-game?
I hope you guys can help, thanks a lot.
- jesjohs

1 minute ago, jesjohs said:
Hi everyone,
I've been making my setup and slobs ready for my new stream. But today I realized (right before buying Elgato H60 s+) that my MacBook pro, which I want to use as my streaming pc, is probably not strong enough. It has an i5, 8GB ram, and only 2 cores. On the site, I have seen it says minimum a quadcore, but maybe someone uses a dual core.

My gaming pc is strong, it has a 3070, Ryzen 5 5600x, and 16Gb ram. But if I stream warzone, I am dropping a tremendous amount of frames, and it's not enjoyable for me.
My question is, would I be able to stream off of my MacBook, or do I need to invest in a streaming pc. OR could I maybe upgrade my 16GB ram to 32 Gb ram, would that increase my fps in-game?
I hope you guys can help, thanks a lot.
- jesjohs

There's your problem, the dual core. build a streaming machine, it doesn't have to be fancy, it can just be an old workstation, depending on your needs. The ram isn't gonna help anything

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

I don't understand how you drop frames while streaming Warzone with your rig. Are you using Nvenc encoder? Are you limiting your in-game framerate so that you are not hitting 100% GPU usage?

Your CPU is too weak, even according to Elgato. They have couple of capture cards with built-in encoder, the HD60 Pro and 4K60 S+. Either of those and you are not limited by PC used to run things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, Shoopman said:

I don't understand how you drop frames while streaming Warzone with your rig. Are you using Nvenc encoder? Are you limiting your in-game framerate so that you are not hitting 100% GPU usage?

I should have been more clear in my question. The frames I loose are not on the stream, but in game. I go from 145+ ingame to 70-120 fps. 

7 hours ago, jesjohs said:

I should have been more clear in my question. The frames I loose are not on the stream, but in game. I go from 145+ ingame to 70-120 fps. 

Unfortunately that just comes with the territory. Expect to take a performance loss on any games that are not very easy to run. I realize that this thread is about using another PC to stream, but I think your problem can be solved without that.

My advice still holds true, capping your framerate is important because leaving it uncapped basically tells your system to push as hard as it can at all times. If your game is asking for nearly 100% of your GPU and/or CPU, the game and the streaming software will fight over the resources. This can result in frames dropped in the stream, your game, or both. Setting an FPS cap will (ideally) keep your CPU/GPU from hitting 100% usage, allowing the streaming software access to the leftover resources without conflict. It may also be a good idea to lower the in-game graphics settings, but imo an FPS cap is the most important.

I don't stream Warzone, but when I stream shooters I usually use a 90fps cap. This is a good middleground for me because it still allows much smoother gameplay than 60fps and it allows me to stream in 60fps with no issues as well. My PC is weaker than yours so you might be able to get away with a bit more.