TX650M vs. Seasonic Core GM

flickofdawrist
2 minutes ago, flickofdawrist said:

I'm kinda confused. @jonnyGURU what are your thoughts on the recent comments?

Which part?

The RM and RMx are better than the TX-M.  But they cost more.

You were looking at PSUs within a certain budget.  The TX-M and the Core.  Of those two, the TX-M is better.

Where's the confusion?

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Which part?

The RM and RMx are better than the TX-M.  But they cost more.

You were looking at PSUs within a certain budget.  The TX-M and the Core.  Of those two, the TX-M is better.

Where's the confusion?

Is paying $10-20 more for the RM750 a good idea in my case? Or is the difference between it and the TX-M unnecessary for my build?

22 minutes ago, flickofdawrist said:

Is paying $10-20 more for the RM750 a good idea in my case? Or is the difference between it and the TX-M unnecessary for my build?

Quieter fan.  Fully modular cables.  Slightly better performance.

I'd say it's worth it.

20 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Quieter fan.  Fully modular cables.  Slightly better performance.

I'd say it's worth it.

The thing is, I can get the RM750 at $10 more only if I can it from an online marketplace, but it's new & sealed, otherwise it would cost $20 more from an actual shop.

Does Corsair cover the warranty if I don't have the receipt?

34 minutes ago, flickofdawrist said:

No.

1 hour ago, flickofdawrist said:

Depends on your country.

Like here in Australia other proof of purchase can be used for warranty. Like entry in a POS system, records of serial numbers, shipment dates or warehouse picking slips, bank transfers etc. can be considered for warranty to establish proof of purchase.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/prices-surcharges-receipts/receipts-proof-of-purchase#:~:text=credit or debit card statement,and amount of the purchase&text=a copy or photograph of the receipt.

Have often had things repaired where the manufacturer just looks up the serial number and goes off that or had a gift with no receipt but knew the place of purchase and it was looked up on the POS system.

3 hours ago, artuc said:

Depends on your country.

That's true.  Good point.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:32 PM, DailyProcrastinator said:

A Tier A PSU is better than Tier B.

Tier A requirements - ripple below 50mV for all load situations (incl. 110%) and Corsair TX750M's 12V ripple at 110% is 53.7mV so it's Tier B. And Seasonic Core GM is basically Tier A with sleeve bearing fan. It's slightly modified Focus GM.

On 3/4/2021 at 5:44 AM, jonnyGURU said:

That's true.  Good point.

I've found some other PSUs, I'll leave a list here with all alongside their prices for a final conclusion:
- Seasonic Core GM 650W $95

- Corsair TX650M $102
- Corsair TX750M $112
- Corsair RM650 $115

- Corsair RM750 $120

- Super Flower Leadex 650W $122

- Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 650W ARGB $113

- Corsair RM650X $122

- XPG CORE REACTOR 650W $120

All prices include shipping as well. Which one do you think is the best pick considering quality/price? According to the tier list, the Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 ARGB is Tier A Gold, but it's the 850W version, so I guess they might differ? I want to know your opinion as well. Thanks.

May I get your take on this as well @LukeSavenije?

12 hours ago, flickofdawrist said:

According to the tier list, the Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 ARGB is Tier A Gold, but it's the 850W version, so I guess they might differ?

What??? I don't see any wattage listed next to it. It means all wattages of that model (both the GF1 ARGB and non ARGB) are Tier A

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

6 hours ago, MrBrightSyde said:

What??? I don't see any wattage listed next to it. It means all wattages of that model (both the GF1 ARGB and non ARGB) are Tier A

If you check the spreadsheet you can see that the tier list was based on 850W ARGB (* &non-ARGB) reviews.

3 minutes ago, flickofdawrist said:

If you check the spreadsheet you can see that the tier list was based on 850W ARGB reviews.

There are reviews of the 650W and 750W version and they are identical to the 850W.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/thermaltake-toughpower-gf1-argb-850-w-gold/

https://megaobzor.com/review-Thermaltake-Toughpower-GF1-ARGB-750W.html

https://www.hkepc.com/18188/1_蚊_1_火ARGB_加_1_舊_Thermaltake_ToughPower_GF1_ARGB_系列

2 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

But isn't the wattage difference going to give different test results? Take XPG Core Reactor for example.
image.thumb.png.fa447486406204e93e5fff3e50b41412.png

How much do these number matter compared to one another?

But isn't the wattage difference going to give different test results? Take XPG Core Reactor for example.
image.thumb.png.fa447486406204e93e5fff3e50b41412.png

How much do these number matter compared to one another?

That's not big of a difference. The odd one out is probably the 12V voltage regulation on the 650W version and 3.3V ripple on the 850W version. Everything else is roughly the same. Despite that it shouldn't change anything, as the numbers are still within a good range.

13 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

That's not big of a difference. The odd one out is probably the 12V voltage regulation on the 650W version and 3.3V ripple on the 850W version. Everything else is roughly the same. Despite that it shouldn't change anything, as the numbers are still within a good range.

So how can we know the results for the TT 650W ARGB? 

So how can we know the results for the TT 650W ARGB? 

We don't know for certain, but we can predict that it won't be far off from the 850 as it is the same platform. If you look at the PSU cultist spreadsheet you can see that if the platform is the same, there will not be a big difference in terms of performance (as I said earlier). 

If you want to avoid the TT just because there is no direct review of the wattage, then you can. You still have nice options there.

17 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

We don't know for certain, but we can predict that it won't be far off from the 850 as it is the same platform. If you look at the PSU cultist spreadsheet you can see that if the platform is the same, there will not be a big difference in terms of performance (as I said earlier). 

If you want to avoid the TT just because there is no direct review of the wattage, then you can. You still have nice options there.

Well, if the results are similar, would you say it is the best choice then, considering it's tier A gold? 

And what would be the next best choice?

2 hours ago, flickofdawrist said:

Well, if the results are similar, would you say it is the best choice then, considering it's tier A gold? 

And what would be the next best choice?

Me personally? I will put GF1 the first and RMx the second. Feel free to disagree with me though, it is just my personal preference. 

4 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

Me personally? I will put GF1 the first and RMx the second. Feel free to disagree with me though, it is just my personal preference. 

Alright. Hopefully I can get the GF1 then. Also how can I tell if the PSU is compatible with my components? I've seen some comments that some PSUs don't match the GPU pins, is the GF1 compatible with the 3060 Ti / 3070?

41 minutes ago, flickofdawrist said:

I've seen some comments that some PSUs don't match the GPU pins, is the GF1 compatible with the 3060 Ti / 3070?

Where did you hear that? I never heard that to be honest. The GF1 should be compatible with any GPU.

26 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

Where did you hear that? I never heard that to be honest. The GF1 should be compatible with any GPU.

I can't remember, probably Reddit? Not sure. They were saying that some PSUs don't have enough pins for the GPU, for example the 3070 that needs 8 pins. I don't even know anymore lol.