Is an upgrade worthwhile? EVGA NEX750B

pasi123567

I was wondering if an upgrade from my EVGA NEX750B has any benefits at all. My system never shut down by itself or anything like that.
When I was troubleshooting in the past many people complained about my Power Supply, so that is why I was wondering if it can have any effects on performance.

And if an upgrade is worthwhile I was wondering to what I should upgrade. I will get an RTX 3070 and 5800X soon and I think 650W should be enough for that. My main priority is noise though.
I heared Corsair RM should be good but I've seen one review say it produces a high pitched noise. I also considered Seasonic PX but then there are people saying it's just bad and then I thought of be quiet! Straight Power 11 and there I saw people say the fan produces a weird noise(sometimes), other power supplies seem to be a bit too expensive so I have no idea what to get at all if an upgrade is necessary even.

The reason the psu is seen as bad is well that when it gives up then it will basically destroy the system as it is very cheaply made. It also has some not great voltage regulation. They are reviewed well BUT afterwards there were a lot of problems with them it seems and they are not seen as a safe psu to use in a system as they wear them down.

A 3070 and 5800x is going to have spikes maxing it out and that psu HATES that it seems so yeah I'd for sure swap that out for a good 750w psu. There is a psu tier list here I'd say get a 750w b tier at least from it.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

The Corsair RM series is good, I don't know about the noise. And 650 watt powesupply theoratically would be enough but considering the other components in you pc you may need more wattage. Try one of those power supply calculator. I suggest this one  https://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

1 minute ago, Gamer4714 said:

The Corsair RM series is good, I don't know about the noise. And 650 watt powesupply theoratically would be enough but considering the other components in you pc you may need more wattage. Try one of those power supply calculator. I suggest this one  https://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

Do not use psu calculators they most of the time wrong anyways.

Just now, jaslion said:

Do not use psu calculators they most of the time wrong anyways.

I got almost correct results from the cooler master psu calculator. that's why I recommended it. @pasi123567 if you could post your specs we could suggest a wattage

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

They listed them 5800x + 3070 which means a good 650w unit could handle it but it is safer to go for a 750w since the rtx 3000 series spikes a lot.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

They listed them 5800x + 3070 which means a good 650w unit could handle it but it is safer to go for a 750w since the rtx 3000 series spikes a lot.

Yeah, but we could give a more accurate wattage rating if we know about the other components such as an aic ,hdd or ssd, motherboard etc

I will get a 750W supply for sure then. I actually looked at the tier list. It is just hard to guess which one of those is quiet for real. Something can be quiet and still have an annyoing tone to it. Maybe the RMX series does not have that high pitched tone the RM possibly has and it still kind of is in my budget.

10 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

Yeah, but we could give a more accurate wattage rating if we know about the other components such as an aic ,hdd or ssd, motherboard etc

It should all be on my profile page now

The rm series has a little bit of noise. If you have closed case with only some airflow, it shouldn't matter