8 pin stuck

Meefy777

So I ordered a 3080 strix. Hasn’t came yet. In the mean time I needed to upgrade my PSU. Although I can’t get my 8 pin out of my motherboard. It’s an MSI X570-A pro. Attached an image of it. The VRM cooler doesn’t give me any clearance. Terrible design to be honest. Could anyone tell me what to do? Been trying a lot of things but I’m afraid of breaking my motherboard. Thanks

0BC66FEA-7EBB-4700-A6B2-54E737EAADFA.jpeg

If you can't physically get in there, your best bet is to move the psu in a way that gives you some slack (,or disconnect the other end of it is modular), then take the motherboard out.

Otherwise if you have some long needlonose pliers you might be able to grab it.

Be glad you o ly have the AMD cooler and not some giant monster like a NHD15

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Assuming your hands can actually fit in that space, reaching in, clamping down on the very end of the clip as much as you feasibly can, and then slowly working it side to side while pulling out should be enough to get it free, otherwise you may as well get some pliers and basically do the same thing.

The more reach-around method is as Woof said, pull the PSU out so you have slack to pull the mobo out, and do it that way.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

13 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

If you can't physically get in there, your best bet is to move the PSU in a way that gives you some slack (,or disconnect the other end of it is modular), then take the motherboard out.

Otherwise if you have some long needlenose pliers you might be able to grab it.

Be glad you only have the AMD cooler and not some giant monster like a NHD15

How about a long flat head screw driver to get under the clip to push it away from the stud on the EPS connector?? Try that with the screwdriver in your right hand while trying to push the lock inward to try and get it past that stud to remove the connector with your left hand? Lay the computer on its side while doing so. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

How about a long flat head screw driver to get under the clip to push it away from the stud on the EPS connector?? Try that with the screwdriver in your right hand while trying to push the lock inward to try and get it past that stud to remove the connector with your left hand? Lay the computer on its side while doing so. 

could work.

I have to use a long flathead to get to the PCIE clip when I take GPUs out, but it stresses me the F out every time I do it. THere's like 2cm of clearance between the GPU and CPU cooler and no way i'm taking the cooler off

semY7Vr.jpg

In fact just the thought of having to remove the EPS right now makes me angry

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

could work.

I have to use a long flathead to get to the PCIE clip when I take GPUs out, but it stresses me the F out every time I do it

It sucks right??? I use the metal spatula with the iFixIt Tool kit and get pretty parallel with the mobo to get in between my NH-D15 and the RTX 2080. I tried using the end of a wood pencil but its too thick. Maybe a popsicle stick could do as well. 

20210228_120802.jpg

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"