Games crashes while laptop is charging, runs fine while on battery

Specs:Intel i5 8250U (UHD 620 integrated graphics)

Radeon 530 4GB GDDR5 (Dedicated GPU)

Ram: 8 GB

Win 10 2004

Laptop Model: Dell Inspiron 5570 ( don't try searching it as model is continuously refreshed with updated stuff)

In short, any game crashes while laptop is plugged in, the same game runs fine while on battery.

Tried and tested on most of the heavy games like AC, GTA, Mass Effect etc etc.

I know that GPU is entry level but I game on low settings and that works for me.

Issue is not of drivers as over the course of 1 year I have been updating drivers as they are available but game still crashes. No other application is at fault like MSI Afterburner. 

Tried turning off and on Game Mode and Fast boot.

Tried contacting support of a few games but wasn't helpful.

2 minutes ago, qzeus said:

Win 10 2004

Laptop Model: Dell Inspiron 5570 ( don't try searching it as model is continuously refreshed with updated stuff)

In short, any game crashes while laptop is plugged in, the same game runs fine while on battery.

I know that GPU is entry level but I game on low settings and that works for me.

Issue is not of drivers as over the course of 1 year I have been updating drivers as they are available but game still crashes. No other application is at fault like MSI Afterburner. 

Have you looked at the power draw when charging? Have you overclocked. If you are on battery by default your system pulls far less wattage. When plugged in however you are able to pull full power, and if you overclocked the system it is possible you pushed it past safe power limits and the system is by default powering down to protect itself. This may be the case if it happens specifically when running 3D applications, but not when idle or browsing.

41 minutes ago, qzeus said:

Win 10 2004

What do you mean by crashing? Does the computer shutdown? Or does the game just lock up forcing you to CTL + ALT + DEL and close it from task manager? If its causing the actual laptop to shutdown it could be overheating. Laptops typically underclock both the CPU and GPU when running on battery in order to let you use the laptop for longer, meaning less thermal output, which could explain the issue you're having. 

17 hours ago, DelavorexIndustries said:

Have you looked at the power draw when charging? Have you overclocked. If you are on battery by default your system pulls far less wattage. When plugged in however you are able to pull full power, and if you overclocked the system it is possible you pushed it past safe power limits and the system is by default powering down to protect itself. This may be the case if it happens specifically when running 3D applications, but not when idle or browsing.

I have not overclocked it. I don't know about the power draw. 

16 hours ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

What do you mean by crashing? Does the computer shutdown? Or does the game just lock up forcing you to CTL + ALT + DEL and close it from task manager? If its causing the actual laptop to shutdown it could be overheating. Laptops typically underclock both the CPU and GPU when running on battery in order to let you use the laptop for longer, meaning less thermal output, which could explain the issue you're having. 

Game crashes not the whole system. Then I kill that game from task manager.