My cpu runs really hot, i9 9900k

Hello there, I have just built a new pc for myself. Some of the components are rtx 3080 and the i9 9900k. I have the nzxt h510 case, and im starting to think thats the problem. My cpu runs really hot sometimes so yesterday i got the kraken x53, installed it and I think it works at it should. But a couple of minutes ago when i ran r6 siege at kinda low setting i got around 360 fps but the cpu was going up to 80-97 degrees celsius. I dont think thats normal. Someone help please:)

Edited by Iggelopiggelo

Sorry to break it to you, but that case has virtually no air flow. You are hot boxing your entire system.

You should have replaced the case, not the cooler. Cases with solid front panels (no mesh) are not suited for high end systems because of the heat output.

I switched from an S340 (predecessor to the H510) to a Corsair 275r Airflow - GPU temperatures dropped by around 7c, CPU by 5c.

That was before my 3080 - it would have been worse with it because of its 340w.

Agree with above.

80-90c during gaming is very high though even with that.

Are you overclocked?

What's your voltage? MCE?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Are you overclocked? I am not overclocked

What's your voltage? MCE? I have no idea

If I would change case, what case should I buy?

Yea the case is really pretty terrible it had 15-20C higher temps than my inwin 301 which also doesn't have a front mesh (but a 'side mesh' of sorts) 

4 minutes ago, Iggelopiggelo said:

I'm not really into cases but basically anything with a front mesh, 3 intake fans and top + back exhaust should have much lower temps, as for models im sure someone else can suggest something. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, Iggelopiggelo said:

Phanteks Eclipse P400A/P500A or a Corsair 4000D Airflow and the new Corsair 5000D Airflow if you want that case, although these two latter choices don't come with a lot of included fans if that is something you need. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Corsair 275r Airflow (3 stock fans)

Corsair 4000D Airflow (2?)

Phanteks P300A/400A/500A (3?)

Cooler master NR600 (2)

42 minutes ago, Iggelopiggelo said:

Before you buy more things though, double check your cooler installation. At stock those temps are very high and imo higher than they should be.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Is that 90c on the CPU? If so that is way to high. Games aren’t that hard on a CPU. There are other forces working against you..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

2 hours ago, Iggelopiggelo said:

I have a Fractal Design Meshify S2. It has as much air flow as humanly possible and has great features too. Best case I've used by far. Comes with 3 fans. Kinda pricey but going by your specs I'm guessing it's not a big deal for you.

8 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Is that 90c on the CPU? If so that is way to high. Games aren’t that hard on a CPU. There are other forces working against you..

He probably has MCE or something on without knowing it

OP: What are your frequencies and voltages during gaming?

My dad and I reinstalled the cooler and now the highest the cpu temp will go is about 85 degrees. Thanks to everyone that helped me! I will definitely get a new case soon. 

Can someone explain how I check MCE and voltages? Sorry if im bothering:) 

40 minutes ago, Iggelopiggelo said:

My dad and I reinstalled the cooler and now the highest the cpu temp will go is about 85 degrees. Thanks to everyone that helped me! I will definitely get a new case soon. 

Can someone explain how I check MCE and voltages? Sorry if im bothering:) 

download hwinfo64 and run sensors. Give us a screenshot of it at idle and again during gaming load.

In BIOS, a few board manufacturers will turn Multicore Enhancement (MCE) when you turn on XMP - which makes it run all-core at the single core boost.

And in turn they vamp up voltage to make it work. It's basically automatic overclocking.