12 minutes ago, DelavorexIndustries said:

What exactly is arm? is it advantageous in anything? It seems to have many drawbacks.

You're kinda flooding the forums with individual messages. Next time, if there is one at least, could you try asking multiple questions in one post? 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

You're kinda flooding the forums with individual messages. Next time, if there is one at least, could you try asking multiple questions in one post? 

My apologies

ARM initially stood for Acorn Risc Machine and simply was the british computer manufacturers own go at designing a RISC CPU. The first ARM CPU, a 32-bit chip was introduced in the computer Acorn Archimedes in 1987.

A side effect that wasn’t really intended (or at least it wasn’t the design goal) was that Acorns CPU also turned out to be really energy efficient. 

At some point the CPU design was made to its own company and switched names to Advanced Risc Machines.

During the 90-ies IBM PC compability basically killed almost all competing technologies, not thanks to being ”better” but because IBM was better at selling to the corporate world and thus economies of scaled simply made it impossible to compete with PC compability.

ARM did survive, because of its energy efficiency it lived on in embeded and mobile devices. This togheter with manufacturers like Intel compleatley dropping the ball in the field. 

During mid to late 00s developement started to move in a direction away from only ultra low powered devices with ARM technology since energyefficiecy in datacenters atarted to become more important. 

Beginning of 10s the developement kept going and a big boost (in the public eye) was given thanks to apples own developement in ARM technology.

Today we are at a point where, when done right, ARM is trading blows with the, since 90ies, dominant x86 architecture in the performance space and mobile devices being synonymous with ARM.

As a side note: I don’t have a device in my home in use today, that I have payed for myself tha isn’t ARM. Those are:

-a NAS

-2 routers/AP

-2 media players

-M1 Mac

-2 TVs

-gaming console

-2 tablets

-4 phones

-a smart watch

The only non ARM computer devices in my home is my and my wifes work issued laptops (and working from home I don’t use my laptop).

The world is running on ARM, weather you like it or not.

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv