Is my psu dying?

BunnyHunter67
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

I don't think it's the PSU fault, most probably the motherboard is the one that failing.

I posted about this pretty late at night yesterday and didn't get a reply. So I'm sorry in advance if this is bad forum etiquette.

Recently 1 of my ram sticks died while I was playing a game. I've replaced the ram stick and since have had a ton of weird issues such as error code 00 on my Asus mobo (which I fixed once by swapping the positions of my ram sticks) and now my cpu was at abnormally high Temps. My heatsink was hot to the touch so I know it's picking up the heat, but the fan isn't spinning. When I start my pc all fans spin up except for the cpu fan and I get the 00 error again. (except this time swapping the sticks didn't help). My PSU is an evga 750W psu that I've had for about 4 years. 

I don't think it's the PSU fault, most probably the motherboard is the one that failing.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

So I checked all of my connections and my 24 pin connector has never been able to fully clip into the motherboard. I made sure it was as connected as it could be and my pc started up completely normally (CPU fan included). So I think that was the cause, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.