Is it dum to opgrade?

c0un1

Hey guys! I have a question... so my CPU is a 7 6700 buuuut i want opgrade to a ryzen 5 5600x  but i wanna make an mini itx Build:)

is it dum or? 

btw i have/ i have ordered a gtx 1660 super and i only play cs go:))

I'd say you can hold on to your 6700 for a little longer if you aren't playing anything else than csgo. If you need to upgrade - upgrade, otherwise it's not a good time to buy any PC components because of the hoarders and the pandemic and the shortages.

Upgrading from Skylake to Zen 3 is 100% not dumb, its a substantial improvement.

I'd question whether its necessary given the only game you play will run on you're average toaster though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

Depends really, but just for CSGO, probably not required performance-wise. Now, if you just want to change form factor, and have ability to get parts and money to do it, why not.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, c0un1 said:

Hey guys! I have a question... so my CPU is a 7 6700 buuuut i want opgrade to a ryzen 5 5600x  but i wanna make an mini itx Build:)

is it dum or? 

btw i have/ i have ordered a gtx 1660 super and i only play cs go:))

The 6700k should still be fine, but if you really want high FPS the 5600x is still a decent upgrade.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570