Amazon subsidiary Twitch removes Amazon Ads from it's platform

rcmaehl

Summary

Twitch has pulled Amazon's Anti-Union Ads from it's platform stating '[they] should never have been allowed to run'

Quotes

Twitch is removing the anti-union ads that its parent company, Amazon, was running on the platform. The ads showed Amazon employees talking about why they want to vote no on unionization and directed viewers to Amazon’s “DoItWithoutDues” website. Twitch... said the ads “should never have been allowed to run on [the] service,” as they violate its political advertising policies. Twitch... is “evaluating [its] review processes to ensure that similar content does not run in the future.” The ads were the latest entry in a long campaign aimed at disrupting organization efforts. Those efforts involve pulling employees into mandatory meetings, near-daily texts to employees, relentless anti-union posters in the workplace. Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU) president Stuart Appelbaum denounced the ad. “Amazon feels that it has to go to extremes like this in order to gaslight its workers about the dreadful working conditions at its Bessemer warehouse,” Amazon was not immediately available for comment. The unionization fight comes after a string of troubling news for Amazon workers: the company allegedly forced its warehouse workers to work 10-hour overnight shifts, made plans to install always-on surveillance cameras. The Alabama unionization vote began on February 8th and is scheduled to conclude on March 29th.

My thoughts

Godspeed to whatever executive at Twitch made this decision. However, It's good to see a company's subsidiaries keeping the playing field far, even against their own parent company and should be the norm.

Sources

The Verge (Quote source)
Shack News

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Amazon literally fucking itself and money was lost.  Reverse prostitution?

Nah just a normal tuesday

✨FNIGE✨

Anti union ads? Well, that sounds like a particularly unpleasant hellscape.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Remember to press F in chat for whomever had the balls to pull this move.

I haven't used Twitch in ages. The garbage slow trash ugly interface makes me want to poke my eyes out. Not to mention their stupid "progressive" policies that always backfire hard and make them look absolutely incompetent.