3060 low fps

A Friendly N00b
8 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

I've confused myself with the math and dollar amounts here already.

Point is, I don't know if spending a lot of money on RAM is going to be worthwhile on that older platform. Especially if the next jump is going to be DDR5 anyway.

Were I you, I'd either sell all of it (new GPU at a markup, old parts at reasonable prices) and keep the drives and 2070.

Spend your money then on a Ryzen 5 3600x with a 3200/3600 memory kit and a decent B550.

Or keep what you have and try to overclock again. The 7700k should be good for 4.7-4.8ghz pretty easily, and the memory you should be able to get to 2400 at least. Or just swap that part out for your typical bargain 3200 kit.

haha fair. The same product, is USD $350, normally that means ~$400 CAD, but instead, its $250 CAD (so like a sale price of ~200USD). I found a sweet set for dirt cheap is the point (the GSkill neo 2x16@3800).

But yeah I can overclock my cpu to 5.2 max, 4.8 is my standard OC used for gaming. I couldn't push the RAM very high at all. I might have gotten as high as 2666 or whatever is close to that but I never saw any noticeable performance improvements in any benchmarks. FPS was an itty bitty bit higher. like maybe 3-5 but the dips make it useless. Ill try again soon.

I dont plan on doing a new system anytime soon, I was planning for this one to have the power to perform decent until it actually turns into a dud. (like now days nvidia 700 series performance). Like my system isn't that outdated in the sense it still performs very well. 

Just now, SethK said:

haha fair. The same product, is USD $350, normally that means ~$400 CAD, but instead, its $250 CAD (so like a sale price of ~200USD). I found a sweet set for dirt cheap is the point (the GSkill neo 2x16@3800).

But yeah I can overclock my cpu to 5.2 max, 4.8 is my standard OC used for gaming. I couldn't push the RAM very high at all. I might have gotten as high as 2666 or whatever is close to that but I never saw any noticeable performance improvements in any benchmarks. FPS was an itty bitty bit higher. like maybe 3-5 but the dips make it useless. Ill try again soon.

I dont plan on doing a new system anytime soon, I was planning for this one to have the power to perform decent until it actually turns into a dud. (like now days nvidia 700 series performance). Like my system isn't that outdated in the sense it still performs very well. 

Could just be the game. MMOs are notorious for bad performance in some scenarios.

Where exactly are you experiencing bad performance in 14? Are you checking your utilization?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

That is definitely not worth it. You should’ve used your 2070 xtreme, and get a better cpu like a ryzen 9

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LED (4x8GB)
  • GPU
    EVGA RTX 3090 OC
  • Case
    Corsair icue 4000x
  • Storage
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB x2
  • PSU
    Corsair RM1000X 80+ Gold certified
  • Display(s)
    ROG Swift PG278QR 27” x2
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken Z73

5 minutes ago, KiddoTech said:

That is definitely not worth it. You should’ve used your 2070 xtreme, and get a better cpu like a ryzen 9

What Ryzen 9?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

What Ryzen 9?

Ryzen 9 is a piece of metal square, which people tend to call it a “cpu”, where you put the square inside the bracket in the motherboard

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    EVGA RTX 3090 OC
  • Case
    Corsair icue 4000x
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    ROG Swift PG278QR 27” x2
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken Z73

Just now, KiddoTech said:

Ryzen 9 is a piece of metal square, which people tend to call it a “cpu”, where you put the square inside the bracket in the motherboard

I hope i don’t have to explain motherboard or it will make me explain every piece of component in a pc

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    EVGA RTX 3090 OC
  • Case
    Corsair icue 4000x
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    ROG Swift PG278QR 27” x2
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken Z73

4 hours ago, A Friendly N00b said:

Hey fellas, I was able to snag a MSI Gaming X 3060 to replace my old zotac 2070 extreme amp oc card. When I switched them out the first thing I did was boot up Final Fantasy 14 to see the FPS improvement, however, there was actually a decrease in frames from when I was using the 2070.. what's going on here?

Btw did you throw your 2070 away? If not, use the 2070 and sell the 3060 cuz 3060 is selling very high right now

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    EVGA RTX 3090 OC
  • Case
    Corsair icue 4000x
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    ROG Swift PG278QR 27” x2
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken Z73

8 minutes ago, KiddoTech said:

I hope your joking....

i was asking what Ryzen 9 model.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4 minutes ago, Downkey said:

I hope your joking....

i was asking what Ryzen 9 model.

Oh (i was serious I thought you ask what is ryzen 9) ryzen 9 5900x for potential upgrade but if you wanna go overkill then go 5950x

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    EVGA RTX 3090 OC
  • Case
    Corsair icue 4000x
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    ROG Swift PG278QR 27” x2
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken Z73

2 minutes ago, KiddoTech said:

Oh (i was serious I thought you ask what is ryzen 9) ryzen 9 5900x for potential upgrade but if you wanna go overkill then go 5950x

Cuz 5900x has highest single thread rating compared to the ryzen 9 3000 series and even has higher single thread rating than 5950x

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    EVGA RTX 3090 OC
  • Case
    Corsair icue 4000x