Why is my VCore dropping too low ? UPS ?

Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
Just now, FaelanMaelan said:

Well as i can see the PC is running fine no issues just played some Watch Dogs 2 before realizing that drop in HWInfo and no issues.Also is that normal that CPU reading is stable but Motherboard one not ? also i checked in Ryzen Master and there are no drops too 

HWiNFO provides sensor reading support by themselves, and it's not directly taking sensory info from the Motherboard BIOS, they have to take readings from the various chips on the Motherboard itself and as such you might notice that not every monitoring program has the same reading but I'd say HWiNFO is the most trusted, so this could easily be a bug, on the other hand Ryzen Master is provided by AMD so there's a higher chance it's more accurate, you could try reverting to an older version of HWiNFO to see if that solves it, otherwise I would ignore that reading as it's clearly showing to be inaccurate.

Also a UPS wouldn't affect vCore, at least not to this extent, if your 12V/5V/3.3V (PSU Voltages) readings are all normal then everything is working as intended, the rest of the voltages like Vcore are generated by the motherboard itself by taking the 12V and dropping it down to CPU voltages as necessary

I just decided to see what HWInfo is going to show after using UPS and everything seems fine unless the Motherboard VCore reading ? Its dropping too low from 0.960 to 0.300ish 

https://imgur.com/7OgfP1i 

Is that normal ? Should that be happening ? 

The processor is Ryzen 5 3600 with disable Core Boost from the Bios.   It drops only when its idle/desktop. When im browsing/listening to music its stays at 1.0-0.900V

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

As long as you don't have any performance or stability issues I don't see this as much of a problem. From the looks of it, it's just the cpu saving power while idle.

Well i don't have any issues just saw that VCore reading is going up and down then stabilizes at 0.960 or something and then again start going up and down dropping low to 0.300 ish then rising again 0.400 etc. When i check the Processor Core Voltage it stays STABLE 0.960V but in Motherboard part its going up and down ? 

2 minutes ago, FaelanMaelan said:

Well i don't have any issues just saw that VCore reading is going up and down then stabilizes at 0.960 or something and then again start going up and down dropping low to 0.300 ish then rising again 0.400 etc. When i check the Processor Core Voltage it stays STABLE 0.960V but in Motherboard part its going up and down ? 

Most likely an inaccurate reading as I don't think a CPU even at idle frequency would drop to 0.3V, it would immediately crash your system

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

3 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

Most likely an inaccurate reading as I don't think a CPU even at idle frequency would drop to 0.3V, it would immediately crash your system

Should i be worried or ? 😄 Everything else looks fine as a reading as i said on the processor tab the Core Voltage is stable but in the Motherboard one is going up and down

1 minute ago, FaelanMaelan said:

Should i be worried or ? 😄 Everything else looks fine as a reading as i said on the processor tab the Core Voltage is stable but in the Motherboard one is going up and down

I wouldn't be worried if you're not experiencing any issues with your system, CPUs are very sensitive to voltage, if it was running at a too low of a voltage you'd definitely notice as it would be behaving weirdly or crash, and besides it's not like you could kill a CPU by having too little voltage

1 minute ago, .Apex. said:

I wouldn't be worried if you're not experiencing any issues with your system, CPUs are very sensitive to voltage, if it was running at a too low of a voltage you'd definitely notice as it would be behaving weirdly or crash, and besides it's not like you could kill a CPU by having too little voltage

Well as i can see the PC is running fine no issues just played some Watch Dogs 2 before realizing that drop in HWInfo and no issues.Also is that normal that CPU reading is stable but Motherboard one not ? also i checked in Ryzen Master and there are no drops too 

Just now, FaelanMaelan said:

HWiNFO provides sensor reading support by themselves, and it's not directly taking sensory info from the Motherboard BIOS, they have to take readings from the various chips on the Motherboard itself and as such you might notice that not every monitoring program has the same reading but I'd say HWiNFO is the most trusted, so this could easily be a bug, on the other hand Ryzen Master is provided by AMD so there's a higher chance it's more accurate, you could try reverting to an older version of HWiNFO to see if that solves it, otherwise I would ignore that reading as it's clearly showing to be inaccurate.

Also a UPS wouldn't affect vCore, at least not to this extent, if your 12V/5V/3.3V (PSU Voltages) readings are all normal then everything is working as intended, the rest of the voltages like Vcore are generated by the motherboard itself by taking the 12V and dropping it down to CPU voltages as necessary

4 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

So everything is fine and there is no reason to worry ? 😕 I just decided to test it and when i leave it on desktop the Vcore drops to even lower 0.240 or something but when i open YouTube and start a video it goes back to 0.960-1.008V and it stays there only when its on Desktop drops that low and only the MOTHERBOARD Vcore

2 minutes ago, FaelanMaelan said:

So everything is fine and there is no reason to worry ? 😕 I just decided to test it and when i leave it on desktop the Vcore drops to even lower 0.240 or something but when i open YouTube and start a video it goes back to 0.960-1.008V and it stays there only when its on Desktop drops that low and only the MOTHERBOARD Vcore

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it if you're not experiencing issues, and it could even be that 0.24V is the intended voltage at idle, I'm not sure what the idle voltage for Ryzen is, but again, low voltage won't kill a CPU.

Just now, .Apex. said:

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it if you're not experiencing issues, and it could even be that 0.24V is the intended voltage at idle, I'm not sure what the idle voltage for Ryzen is, but again, low voltage won't kill a CPU.

No no issues just that the reading is kinda off 😄 But thank you a lot for being so helpful ! It looks like it drops that low when its idle only if i even move the mouse it goes back to the right voltages so i guess everything is fine ! Thank you a lot again ! 

@.Apex. @AndreiArgeanu  UPDATE : Found the culprit why the VCore of the Mobo is dropping that low - i had an AMD card and changed my PSU with a Cooler Master one but when the PC was OFF there was a sound coming from the case like - bzzzzz - thats why i searched in the net and found the C-States then i remembered that i changed something but now when i sold the AMD card ( cuz of bad drivers and crashes ) and returned the "broken" PSU i forgot to reset the C-State and thats why i think the VCore was dropping that low ! Thanks again for everyone that tried to help me ! Appreciate it ! 

EDIT 2 : Now its dropping to 0.976 and stays there...also last night i noticed that ALL OF MY CORES are sleeping when idle guess everything was cuz of that C-State thingy 😄

4 hours ago, FaelanMaelan said:

@.Apex. @AndreiArgeanu  UPDATE : Found the culprit why the VCore of the Mobo is dropping that low - i had an AMD card and changed my PSU with a Cooler Master one but when the PC was OFF there was a sound coming from the case like - bzzzzz - thats why i searched in the net and found the C-States then i remembered that i changed something but now when i sold the AMD card ( cuz of bad drivers and crashes ) and returned the "broken" PSU i forgot to reset the C-State and thats why i think the VCore was dropping that low ! Thanks again for everyone that tried to help me ! Appreciate it ! 

EDIT 2 : Now its dropping to 0.976 and stays there...also last night i noticed that ALL OF MY CORES are sleeping when idle guess everything was cuz of that C-State thingy 😄

Glad you've figured it out, so as far as I'm aware it was performing normally, that's good to know for future reference