corsair obsidian 1000d

tdkid

this may be already talked about or in the wrong section all together so if it is please let me know.

what i would like to know is there any in depth reviews of the corsair obsidian 1000D? does anyone have this case? any pros or cons? i am wondering because all i have seen is sort or previews by linus tech tips, jaystwocents and gamers nexus when this case was still a concept slate at computex 2017 and then nothing else. there are several build videos on youtube about people building it but nothing in depth like noise level, temps, etc. etc.. i can understand why as this is a monster sized case and not your average person is going to buy it but i am curious about it.

Well it's a MASSIVE box multiple times the size of a normal pc case. Simply due to that it has good thermals as even tho it has a elevated glass front there is so much space for air temps are totally fine. Noise well it's a normal pc case just giant so normal?

It's one of those cases you buy when you want to do an absolute stupid waterloop. If you don't do that it's gonna be 80% empty even with a full system in there and look silly.

That case is the extreme upper echelon of enthusiast level cases. Its mostly assumed that if you choose to build in it, you'll be controlling everything about it including noise levels, temps, etc.. 

Its designed for a full custom watercooling loop, or multiple loops. 

I know a couple people that own it.

They're both extremely happy with it.

I own the little brother, the Obsidian 500D, and I love that too.

Noise and temps are all great.

well thanks for the info.i know a little bit about this as i have been looking at videos about cases from several tech reviewers over the past week but i have yet to find one that actually compares it to another like gamers nexus does on his videos. i have been looking because i looked at my CPU cooler and seen the fan was spinning slow so after a litle digging, i found out it was spinning at 13% which i dont have any idea if its good or bad. so i started looking at CPU coolers and i dont think any can fit in my case so i started looking at a bigger case and remember the biggest one yet in the 1000d. and it looks good to me but at that price from corsair, it might be worth it for the long run as you will never have to worry about running out of space again but as you guys mentioned its kind of for the person who is serious about buiilding computers which means that the case might be $500-$600 depending on where you get it but you need $3,000 worth of stuff to go inside it or its just not complete.

not that its important to anything talked about here but below are my specs

MoBo: MSI Z370 gaming plus

CPU: intel i7 8700k

GPU. EVGA 2070 super FTW3 ultra

case: apevia X-hermes (red)

PSU: EVGA supernova 1000G+

CPU cooler: dell xps 8300 (because it was bigger than the one that came with the CPU)

8 hours ago, tdkid said:

well thanks for the info.i know a little bit about this as i have been looking at videos about cases from several tech reviewers over the past week but i have yet to find one that actually compares it to another like gamers nexus does on his videos. i have been looking because i looked at my CPU cooler and seen the fan was spinning slow so after a litle digging, i found out it was spinning at 13% which i dont have any idea if its good or bad. so i started looking at CPU coolers and i dont think any can fit in my case so i started looking at a bigger case and remember the biggest one yet in the 1000d. and it looks good to me but at that price from corsair, it might be worth it for the long run as you will never have to worry about running out of space again but as you guys mentioned its kind of for the person who is serious about buiilding computers which means that the case might be $500-$600 depending on where you get it but you need $3,000 worth of stuff to go inside it or its just not complete.

not that its important to anything talked about here but below are my specs

GPU. EVGA 2070 super FTW3 ultra

case: apevia X-hermes (red)

CPU cooler: dell xps 8300 (because it was bigger than the one that came with the CPU)

i have 2 massive case (dont own the 1000d...yet) imo its to dam big. there air flow from the fans are going to be really low as the fans are so far away. temps should be fine thow. like people said its mostly for water cooling. ill send you some pic of my massive builds.

pc update 006.jpg

pc 007.jpg

DSCF1262.JPG

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

yes the corsair 1000d is currently the biggest single case you can get without going into server rack tower size as far as i can tell. if i am correct i have seen that case in your first pic before but i can not remember the name of it. it was a modular case if i am correct where you could add more carriers (for lack of a better term)  onto it making it as big as you wanted.

17 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i have 2 massive case (dont own the 1000d...yet) imo its to dam big. there air flow from the fans are going to be really low as the fans are so far away. temps should be fine thow. like people said its mostly for water cooling. ill send you some pic of my massive builds.

pc update 006.jpg

pc 007.jpg

DSCF1262.JPG

37 minutes ago, tdkid said:

yes the corsair 1000d is currently the biggest single case you can get without going into server rack tower size as far as i can tell. if i am correct i have seen that case in your first pic before but i can not remember the name of it. it was a modular case if i am correct where you could add more carriers (for lack of a better term)  onto it making it as big as you wanted.

fist pic is my build now well in the making for the pas 3 years... that's the thermal take core 200 and it has 2x core 100 pedestals the 200 was $700ish the pedestals were $150-200 each

the other case was caselabs magnum th10 witch they when out of business. that was $1200 case

there are other big cases as well like mouton mods , therermaltake 900, Thermaltake Core P8, Phanteks Enthoo 719, Cooler Master Cosmos C700M,Corsair Graphite Series 780T  and a few others. there are alot that arnt released to north america.

i thought about a server build i own a server case but it was not for the build im using it as a self to put all my consols in there and i have a 8 hdmi kvm that will go in there too as well as  router. but it was cheap and its a crap server rack you get what you pay for... but with some mods i can make it work.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

12 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

fist pic is my build now well in the making for the pas 3 years... that's the thermal take core 200 and it has 2x core 100 pedestals the 200 was $700ish the pedestals were $150-200 each

the other case was caselabs magnum th10 witch they when out of business. that was $1200 case

there are other big cases as well like mouton mods , therermaltake 900, Thermaltake Core P8, Phanteks Enthoo 719, and a few others. there are alot that arnt released to north america.

i thought about a server build i own a server case but it was not for the build im using it as a self to put all my consols in there and i have a 8 hdmi kvm that will go in there too as well as  router. but it was cheap and its a crap server rack you get what you pay for... but with some mods i can make it work.

i have been giving serious consideration into buying the 1000d but i dont have the extra $3000 worth of fans, radiators, tubes, pumps, etc. to put in it.

i started thinking this because i started thinking about replacing my CPU cooler because i dont think its working as best as it can but i dont think anything will fit to replace it in my current case.

if you still want a bigger case i would recommend there's cases. just because a case is big dose not been it can fit a tall cooler and you can get small cooler just as powerful.

Lian Li PC-O11DX

Cougar Panzer Max

Lian Li LANCOOL II

Thermaltake Core X71

Thermaltake Tower 900

Cooler Master MasterCase SL600M

6 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i have been giving serious consideration into buying the 1000d but i dont have the extra $3000 worth of fans, radiators, tubes, pumps, etc. to put in it.

i started thinking this because i started thinking about replacing my CPU cooler because i dont think its working as best as it can but i dont think anything will fit to replace it in my current case.

what is your case? Noctua NH-U12Acooler is better and its small.

Edited by thrasher_565

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

what is your case? nutua cooler is better and its small.

my case is an apevia X-hermes (red). i got it because it was a cheap case for a build when i needed to get a case because the one i was going to use, wasnt compatible with the motherboard.

6 minutes ago, tdkid said:

my case is an apevia X-hermes (red). i got it because it was a cheap case for a build when i needed to get a case because the one i was going to use, wasnt compatible with the motherboard.

oh its an older case. i mean its up to you man you do what you want. like i said you can get good small coolers bigger is not better. beside we dont no what your temp is to even indicate if your having temp problems. also dont no what your cooler is.

i own the Noctua NH-D15 and i run it with the low rpm connector that runs them at 800 rpm at idle i cant here it but that is a big cooler and wont fit in some case. the  Noctua NH-U12A is small and probably cools ever better.

Edited by thrasher_565

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh its an older case. i mean its up to you man you do what you want. like i said you can get good small coolers bigger is not better. beside we dont no what your temp is to even indicate if your having temp problems. also dont no what your cooler is.

well as far as i can tell, the temps are normal around 30-50 degrees C but what had me looking at coolers and then cases was that the program i used for the motherboard said the fan was spinning at 13% and i didnt know if that was good or bad since the CPU cooler is even older than the case. the case is a older style but not that old to me. i think 2 years, it wasnt an important detail to me to remember at the time.

but that is why i was asking. i have seen zeor in depth reviews of this case. the only things i have seen are 3 previews from linus, jay of jaystwocents and steve of gamers nexus when the case was still a concept slate at computex 2017 and a few videos when people are building in it. but overall this case is kind of future proof as i dont think they will come out with anything that cant fit inside of it any time soon. 

i am going to look into the other cases you mentioned because i was mainly looking for a full tower as this one is a mid tower and have basically become out grown.

16 minutes ago, tdkid said:

well as far as i can tell, the temps are normal around 30-50 degrees C but what had me looking at coolers and then cases was that the program i used for the motherboard said the fan was spinning at 13% and i didnt know if that was good or bad since the CPU cooler is even older than the case. the case is a older style but not that old to me. i think 2 years, it wasnt an important detail to me to remember at the time.

but that is why i was asking. i have seen zeor in depth reviews of this case. the only things i have seen are 3 previews from linus, jay of jaystwocents and steve of gamers nexus when the case was still a concept slate at computex 2017 and a few videos when people are building in it. but overall this case is kind of future proof as i dont think they will come out with anything that cant fit inside of it any time soon. 

i am going to look into the other cases you mentioned because i was mainly looking for a full tower as this one is a mid tower and have basically become out grown.

ya temps can go to like 80c and be fine i think most have a cap at 90-95c then it starts to down clock it self.

if its a pwm fan and hooked to the cpu header then it should ramp up when you game and low when not gaming that is normal. you may even be able to replace the fan if you wanted too. but it sounds like you need a bigger case witch is fare. but that big of a case i dont no. but at the end of the day it up to you and you only.

so that case that YouTube revered they never paid for it and they only did it for a promotion. they all dont use the case even j. and the price was just too much so there not much rewes on it. form what i heard it dose have problems at lest when it comes to mount rads in it.

Edited by thrasher_565

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya temps can go to like 80c and be fine i think most have a cap at 90-95c then it starts to down clock it self.

if its a pwm fan and hooked to the cpu header then it sould ramp up when you game and low when not gaming that us normal. you may even be able to replace the fan if you wanted too. but it soulds like you need a bigger case witch is fare. but that big of a case i dont no. but at the end of the day it up to you and you only.

so that case that YouTube revered never paid for it and they only did it for a promotion. they all dont use the case even j. and the price was just too much so there not much rewes on it. form what i heard it dose have problems at lest when it comes to mount rads in it.

no one really uses the case, its just that big and doesnt come with anything to make it worth it but i was mainly trying to find a solid review of it like all the other cases because i like to do some research to make sure i know what i am getting.

the cooler is plugged into the CPU header but this thing is ancient by computer parts standards. it was the CPU cooler out of a Dell XPS 8300 that i kept and used as it was bigger than the one that came with the CPU.

not that it really matters any but the more important details of my build are

GPU: EVGA 2070 super FTW3 ultra

CPU cooler: dell xps 8300 cpu cooler - Bing images

3 minutes ago, tdkid said:

no one really uses the case, its just that big and doesnt come with anything to make it worth it but i was mainly trying to find a solid review of it like all the other cases because i like to do some research to make sure i know what i am getting.

the cooler is plugged into the CPU header but this thing is ancient by computer parts standards. it was the CPU cooler out of a Dell XPS 8300 that i kept and used as it was bigger than the one that came with the CPU.

not that it really matters any but the more important details of my build are

GPU: EVGA 2070 super FTW3 ultra

CPU cooler: dell xps 8300 cpu cooler - Bing images

oh your running a 8700k on that cooler omg...ya you need a cooler badly. i would say case and cooler are need but i dont think you need an massive case.

yes i am running a 8700k on that cooler but its no where near as bad as you think as i dont hard core overclock or game. so everything is set to stock like you would just pull it out of the box and start using it. but the age of the cooler and the fan speed is what got me thinking about a new cooler but i am not sure if it will fit in this case so that got me to looking at other cases. and i am open to anything, i was just looking at the 1000d for an in depth review as i have yet to see one.

and i am going to look at those cases you listed as being ones to look into.

Edited by thrasher_565

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i have akready seen these. the first one is just going over what this case can have. fans, radiator support, etc. the second and third are the same man building inside the case 

this is not for the 1000d but is what i am talking about in a review. they look over the detailed of the case like the first one but then give more detailed into into it like noise and temps. Corsair 5000D Airflow vs. Solid Case Review: Thermals, Noise, Build Quality - YouTube

4 hours ago, tdkid said:

i have akready seen these. the first one is just going over what this case can have. fans, radiator support, etc. the second and third are the same man building inside the case 

this is not for the 1000d but is what i am talking about in a review. they look over the detailed of the case like the first one but then give more detailed into into it like noise and temps. Corsair 5000D Airflow vs. Solid Case Review: Thermals, Noise, Build Quality - YouTube

temps will be fine... its a water cooling case... besides your temps are fine too so.... since you dont game there no point.

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

temps will be fine... its a water cooling case... besides your temps are fine too so.... since you dont game there no point.

well so is my current case. it has everything most other cases have to set up water cooling but the size of the case doesnt really allow for full size components like my 2070 super GPU or the ATX MoBo and still close properly. and i do game, its just not hard core gaming. i dont spend 6-7 hours in games set to the highest resolution but i do casual game like a few sandbox games every once in a while.

4 minutes ago, tdkid said:

well so is my current case. it has everything most other cases have to set up water cooling but the size of the case doesnt really allow for full size components like my 2070 super GPU or the ATX MoBo and still close properly. and i do game, its just not hard core gaming. i dont spend 6-7 hours in games set to the highest resolution but i do casual game like a few sandbox games every once in a while.

i feel i keep saying the same thing over and over so my last post. gl with w/e you decide.

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i feel i keep saying the same thing over and over so my last post. gl with w/e you decide.

well thanks for the help. i was just curisous about it compared to other cases.