Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright hear me out. Is it possible to find the skins that i own in the game files. Like with fortnite, could i find and add to the locker through the game files

5 minutes ago, kwaku_100 said:

Is it possible to find the skins that i own in the game files.

This information is likely stored on Epic's servers

6 minutes ago, kwaku_100 said:

could i find and add to the locker through the game files

for this exact reason, so people don't get what they don't own. Even if you could add it locally, it would check with the server and notice you don't actually own it. Best case it just trusts the server and deletes it, worst case they ban you for cheating (don't know if they do that, just as an example).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360 | CPU: i5 7200U | RAM: 8 GB

No as there is protection against that. Epic dont want you just adding skins. That data is most likely encrypted and even if you have a way of inporting a "skin" file it won't use it.

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <EVGA GTX 770 2GB> <16gb 3200Mhz> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe>  <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <Noctua P12 case fans>

1 hour ago, kwaku_100 said:

Alright hear me out. Is it possible to find the skins that i own in the game files. Like with fortnite, could i find and add to the locker through the game files

No, the data is stored on Epic’s servers. Even if you somehow did manage to edit the file, it would need to be verified next time you boot up and would realize that the file was modified, and just replace it. 

PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Black | Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX | RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz CL16 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB m.2, Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" | GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700XT | Case: NZXT H510 | PSU: Corsair RM550x

788,303 PPD F@H

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard: Logitech G513 GX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Monitors: Samsung TU7100 43" 4K HDR, 2 xAcer 28" 4K | Heaphones: Sony Platinum Wireless | Mic: Blue Yeti Nano

Adding to above that if game can be run locally (ie. GTA V), the modding is possible. But when game accesses online servers, any changes made are reverted to what server sees as defaults. So even if skins were stored locally, the information about whether they are accessible by your account would still be stored online.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv