Sell my Graphics Card?

TheKracken

I bought my Asrock 5500xt 8gb earlier this year for $180. Should I see if I can sell it now for $350ish and buy a newer card for the same price later? Will graphics card ever be back in stock for a normal price? I have a laptop I can do most things on, but of course not gaming. I don’t want to be without gaming for too long, but what do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, TheKracken said:

I bought my Asrock 5500xt 8gb earlier this year for $180. Should I see if I can sell it now for $350ish and buy a newer card for the same price later? Will graphics card ever be back in stock for a normal price? I have a laptop I can do most things on, but of course not gaming. I don’t want to be without gaming for too long, but what do you guys think?

Im not sure when the market will go back to normal however I just sold my 1080ti (bought for £700 in 2017) for £610. I didnt even intend on selling it at that price but people drove the bids to insane amounts. If you don't want to go without gaming I would say dont risk it as I dont think anyone knows right now when the market will become normal again.

Only reason I sold my 1080ti is because i managed to get a 3070

If you can do without a fast dGPU for awhile, go ahead with the sale. If you want or need a fast card, be aware that you’re not likely to find another for a long while. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Keep it as long as it suits your needs; I got a 980Ti that I am terrified will die on me since it's almost like six years old, and I don't want to enter the market with GPUs the way they are. I'd be terrified of getting a sub-par card due to quality issues, semiconductor shortages and high prices. So I'd say wait as long as you can if the card is able to give you playable games.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv