Forum latency issues?

Fast_N_Curious

Browser, version and OS: 

EDGE must current version

Windows 10 most recent release

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Click on notification bell with major delay before the list pops up on the screen

What happened?

Click the notification bell and there is a major delay before it opens. Also happens when posting a new thread. Takes forever. This does seem like a "global" forum issue to me, FWIW

What did you expect to happen?

For notifications to pop up in a timely fashion

Any other relevant details:

Wifi connection is not the greatest here, but other forums I attend dont have anywhere near this amount of latency when navigating through the forum. The reason I say latency is because I doubt it's a bandwidth issue. This is linus tech tips after all and he is a bit of a bandwidth king, so that's probably not the issue here, although mods correct if I'm wrong.

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

Didnt want to make it out like this is 100% a forum issue. could be something else, it may very well be an issue on my end, perhaps. But like I said, I dont seem to have the same problems with other forums I attend.

Try with Google Chrome or Firefox

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

used to be the case with me, its now resolved, but the entire 2020 the forum was unbearable for me, idk if it was my ISP issue or DNS issue, but its so much better now, still editing comment is choppy 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I would assume a DNS issue, try changing it to googles 8.8.8.8 or cloudflare's 1.1.1.1

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

16 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

When things are loading slowly, is https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace also slow? And is this a permanent issue, or just sometimes?

That link is not slow at all. Then again its plain text so someone on 28.8K would probably load almost as quick(maybe 30 words or so. If you have some graphical stuff on the website or the actual server, it might help narrowing it down. 

It's been permanent for a couple years- since I've joined. In all likely hood I would be much more active on the forum if the website responded quickly.. 

12 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

That link is not slow at all. Then again its plain text so someone on 28.8K would probably load almost as quick(maybe 30 words or so. If you have some graphical stuff on the website or the actual server, it might help narrowing it down. 

It's been permanent for a couple years- since I've joined. In all likely hood I would be much more active on the forum if the website responded quickly.. 

Could be your plan,infrastructure or ISP.

I live on the other side of the globe in Europe and everything loads instantly,everything is snappy to me.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

On 2/21/2021 at 4:28 PM, Storm-Chaser said:

If that link isn't loading then the problem is either your browser, your connection to your ISP, or your ISP's connection to Cloudflare's network, because that page is served from Cloudflare's servers and doesn't touch the forum. Can you try a different browser to rule out the first option, and try tethering to your phone to rule out the others?

HTTP/2 203