Which psu is better?

ninjaboyxd629
Go to solution Solved by boghubodaghi,
4 hours ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

is a8 6600k and gtx 960 good? or buy a better psu?

Probably, but get the cooler master if you can. 

9 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

They're both garbage.

theyre good in my country on par with silverstone

14 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

They're both garbage.

Would this be better for OP? Looking on that site, the selection for anything at least name brand (which doesn't guarantee it's good, of course) is slim...

1 minute ago, metaleggman said:

Would this be better for OP? Looking on that site, the selection for anything at least name brand (which doesn't guarantee it's good, of course) is slim...

what about this one? https://shopee.ph/Thermaltake-Litepower-550-watts-Power-Supply-i.77398075.5354106020 or this one? https://shopee.ph/Thermaltake-PS-LTP-0550NHSANU-1-Litepower-RGB-550W-85-Non-Modular-PSU-i.28528173.4942143488

16 minutes ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

theyre good in my country on par with silverstone

A PSU doesn't change in quality as it crosses national borders. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Gorilla Warfare said:

All the PSU's you have asked about are horrible quality.

so should i go for corsair?

1 minute ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

so should i go for corsair?

Depends on the Corsair model. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

A PSU doesn't change in quality as it crosses national borders. 

my country buys psu with no care for quality i know a friend who have fsp psu and it lasts him 7 years and this youtuber in my country said so he have fsp psu and none fails his expectation heres the link you can see the pinned comment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWJh0tjdVeQ

2 minutes ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

my country buys psu with no care for quality i know a friend who have fsp psu and it lasts him 7 years and this youtuber in my country said so he have fsp psu and none fails his expectation heres the link you can see the pinned comment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWJh0tjdVeQ

Anecdotal experience is just that. The objective quality of the PSU remains the same whether it's being used in Toledo, Tasmania, or Timbuktu. If you want to buy a PSU without regard for quality because that's just "what they do in your country," or rely on the anecdotal experience of a YouTuber, why are you even bothering to ask here?

Just now, Middcore said:

Anecdotal experience is just that. The objective quality of the PSU remains the same whether it's being used in Toledo, Tasmania, or Timbuktu. 

so should i go for corsair cv 550? or seasonic s12II(550w)? both is under 60$ but the seasonic is around 9$ more

53 minutes ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

on par with silverstone

No they're not.

56 minutes ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

so should i go for corsair cv 550? or seasonic s12II(550w)? both is under 60$ but the seasonic is around 9$ more

Go for a cx 550, maybe a 450 depending on your components. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Regardless of what PSU you buy.

I recommend that you buy the PSU from a brand and store that has good reviews on warranty and customer service.

Then if you do have any problems you are more likely to get your money back and/or replacement parts. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

Actually the HV Pro has a modern DC-DC topology, so there might be a chance that it could power some discrete GPU. But it's really cheaply made with questionable caps, questionable components (especially the DC-DC converter on the minor rails), so use with some care. There have been discussion about this PSU earlier, and I conclude this is the cheapest PSU that I would buy for really cheap systems.

Teardown here:

This one would be better, though:

https://shopee.ph/CoolerMaster-MWE-550-WHITE-230V-V2-80-STANDARD-230V-EU-Certified-Power-Supply-(MPE-5501-ACABW-US)-i.89762129.9801976513

4 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

Actually the HV Pro has a modern DC-DC topology, so there might be a chance that it could power some discrete GPU. But it's really cheaply made with questionable caps, questionable components (especially the DC-DC converter on the minor rails), so use with some care. There have been discussion about this PSU earlier, and I conclude this is the cheapest PSU that I would buy for really cheap systems.

Teardown here:

This one would be better, though:

https://shopee.ph/CoolerMaster-MWE-550-WHITE-230V-V2-80-STANDARD-230V-EU-Certified-Power-Supply-(MPE-5501-ACABW-US)-i.89762129.9801976513

4 hours ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

Probably, but get the cooler master if you can. 

• 1 year later...

Power supplies manufactured by FSP are also sold by Antec, Sparkle Power International (SPI) (USA), OCZ, SilverStone Technology, Thermaltake, Nexus and Zalman under their own names.[3]

FSP are much reliable PSU they manufacture their own psu. other brands even the leading brand do not manufacture their own product. look at gigaytes exploding psu. base on my experience i still have fsp pentiun 4 psu and it still working till this day. and also FSP HEXA still have it. even re use it on 9th gen. i5 with gtx 1050ti. ssd & hdd + led. never encounter any problem till this day. search the history of the company. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FSP_Group

corsairs are made by seasonic

55 minutes ago, MYDZIGNS said:

Power supplies manufactured by FSP are also sold by Antec, Sparkle Power International (SPI) (USA), OCZ, SilverStone Technology, Thermaltake, Nexus and Zalman under their own names.[3]

Very old information.

Which current Antec, Silverstone, Thermaltake and Zalman are made by FSP?

OCZ and Nexus PSUs haven't launched a PSU for about 10 years.

55 minutes ago, MYDZIGNS said:

corsairs are made by seasonic

None of the current Corsairs are made by Seasonic. CWT, Flextronics, Great Wall and HEC are the OEMs of the current Corsair PSUs.

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2022 at 2:48 PM, --SID-- said:

Very old information.

Which current Antec, Silverstone, Thermaltake and Zalman are made by FSP?

OCZ and Nexus PSUs haven't launched a PSU for about 10 years.

None of the current Corsairs are made by Seasonic. CWT, Flextronics, Great Wall and HEC are the OEMs of the current Corsair PSUs.

nevertheless the information shows that the company is a pioneer in making psu if you will read the article they are also makes psu for medical equipments. and  base on my personal experience it never disappoint my needs when i purchased and used the said psu.