Need new headphone's and im done with "gaming headsets"

GentlemanGamer85

Hey, I need some help.

My Astro A40 has passed away. Over the last 2 years iv not used my mic on my headset since im never happy with the sound and gone over to a Blue Yeti to be my everyday mic. 

So im looking att uppgrading my headphones to non Gamer and go for quality and a dac combo. What are a good pair of headphones to look at? My budget is 300-400euro for the combo.

Looked at the Sennhaiser HD650 "non V2" but is there headroom for a good dac? 

Thank you all for anny feedback. "perhaps a good YT vid?"

Best regards Andreas

Welcome to the forum!

I'm very happy with my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm + FiiO K5 Pro AMP/DAC combo. As you already have a Blue Yeti this is certainly better than any headset you can buy. This headpone + AMP/DAC combo will run you about 320€.

Remember to either quote or mention (@Stahlmann) people so we can see you replied!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'm happy with my SIVGA SV006 and Schiit Modi + Magni stack, so maybe look into those.

I'm not sure what the pricing on the Schiit stack is right now though, or if they have a combo unit that can replace it.

Im really happy with my Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee  + Fiio K3 Setup.

This Combo is right inside your budget, maybe even below if you can get a good deal.

My Gaming PC:
Inno3D iChill Black - RTX 4080 - +500 Memory, undervolted Core, 2xCorsair QX120 (push) + 2xInno3D 120mm (pull)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - NZXT x72
G.SKILL Trident Z @6000MHz CL30 - 2x16GB
Asus Strix X670E-E Gaming

1x500GB Samsung 960 Pro (Windows 11)

1x2TB Kingston KC3000 (Games)

1x1TB WD Blue SN550 (Programs)

1x1TB Samsung 870 EVO (Programs)
Corsair RM-850X

Lian Li O11 Vision
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM (240hz OLED), MSI Optix MAG274QRFDE-QD, BenQ ZOWIE XL2720

Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Wooting 60HE

Audeze LCD2-C + FiiO K3

Klipsch RP600-M + Klipsch R-120 SW

My Notebook:

MacBook Pro 16 M1 - 16GB

Proxmox-Cluster:

• Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus Strix X570E F-Gaming, 2x32GB3200MHz ECC, 2x 512GB NVMe ZFS-Mirror (Boot + Testing-VMs), 2x14TB ZFS-Mirror + 1x3TB (TrueNAS-VM), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 10G NIC
  • i7 8700k delidded undervolted, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 4x16GB 3200MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC
  • i5 4670, 3x4GB + 1x8GB 1600MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC

Proxmox-Backup-Server:

• i5 4670, 4x4GB 1600MHz, 2x2TB ZFS-Mirror, 2,5G NIC

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm very happy with my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm + FiiO K5 Pro AMP/DAC combo. As you already have a Blue Yeti this is certainly better than any headset you can buy. This headpone + AMP/DAC combo will run you about 320€.

Remember to either quote or mention (@Stahlmann) people so we can see you replied!

This looked really intressting never seen review on the headphone's so gonna go look them up Thanks

4 minutes ago, GentlemanGamer85 said:

This looked really intressting never seen review on the headphone's so gonna go look them up Thanks

I will also mention that i had grea experiences with their customer service in the past. Plus they're engineered and handcrafted in Germany. Let me know how you like them if you end up buying this.

Always happy to help!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, Noah0302 said:

Im really happy with my Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee  + Fiio K3 Setup.

This Combo is right inside your budget, maybe even below if you can get a good deal.

Cant find the HD58X and think the K5 is a dac ill go for and i do love Sennhaiser

Fiio K5 Pro is a dac/amp, one the best affordable to get aside iFi ZEN CAN or DAC and Fiio K3 and Q3 are great too.

And are you sensitive to sibilance (painfull "ssss") or ear piercing treble?

"Gaming headsets" are stupid silly shit products, no wonder why you tired of them lol. There are so far very limited gaming headphones and so far only Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser has them. Beyerdynamic has the Tygr 300R and Sennheiser, I forgot which ones. Those look nice and not like attention seeking piece of shit headsets.

The HD58X is a massdrop version if I'm not mistaken.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

38 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Fiio K5 Pro is a dac/amp, one the best affordable to get aside iFi ZEN CAN or DAC and Fiio K3 and Q3 are great too.

And are you sensitive to sibilance (painfull "ssss") or ear piercing treble?

"Gaming headsets" are stupid silly shit products, no wonder why you tired of them lol. There are so far very limited gaming headphones and so far only Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser has them. Beyerdynamic has the Tygr 300R and Sennheiser, I forgot which ones. Those look nice and not like attention seeking piece of shit headsets.

The HD58X is a massdrop version if I'm not mistaken.

@Stahlmann The Fiio K3 vs K5 is the big question im looking at right now. found Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 250ohm on sale here for 115 euro's going from 48ohm astro to 250ohm should be a super uppgrade and to that price. 

I have many 32ohm headphones here I started doubting about ohms. 32ohm doesn't mean it's inferior to 250ohm. But the DT990 will be a massive upgrade to that hideous Astro.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

13 hours ago, CTR640 said:

I have many 32ohm headphones here I started doubting about ohms. 32ohm doesn't mean it's inferior to 250ohm. But the DT990 will be a massive upgrade to that hideous Astro.

Compared to different headphones i agree, ohm doesn't really matter as they're built completely different. But when talking about the same headphones with different impedance, the higher ohm models will always give your the better results (as long as your AMP can handle it, of course).

13 hours ago, GentlemanGamer85 said:

@Stahlmann The Fiio K3 vs K5 is the big question im looking at right now. found Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 250ohm on sale here for 115 euro's going from 48ohm astro to 250ohm should be a super uppgrade and to that price. 

I'd suggest to go with the K5, as i already have one myself and can say with confidence that they can even drive my 600 Ohm DT990's with ease.

The K5 has a much stronger amp with 1500mW compared to the K3's 320Mw.

14 hours ago, GentlemanGamer85 said:

If considering 250 ohm Beyer or above the step up to the k5pro is definitely worth it

Beyer Amiron Home+K5Pro=Pure Joy

DAC/AMPs:

22 hours ago, CTR640 said:

Beyer Amiron Home+K5Pro=Pure Joy

Certainly nice, but way out of budget here.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Iv orderd the 250ohm version of the DT990 premium for 115euro since its a big discount from the 160 it normaly is 

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Lol no, you may have misunderstood me. I meant to say how amazing K5 Pro is 😛

DAC/AMPs: