ASUS Aura Lights Turn Off After System Startup

This only started a few days ago, but every time I turn on/wake my PC, the ASUS Aura-powered lighting in my PC turns off shortly after being functional for a few seconds. These just include the motherboard lighting and a couple of LED strips connected to an RGB header. I have all the lights in my setup set to white, including these, and I haven't changed any of it for several months now.

Like I said, this is a fairly recent issue, and my stopgap solution is opening Aura every time and resetting the lights back to normal. They'll be fine until the next time I turn on/wake my system. I also double-checked my BIOS settings, but nothing was out of place there either. Any idea what I should do?

If it helps, I have an ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard, and two generic LED strips daisy-chained to connect to a single header.

Any other RGB software installed? I had a similar problem and found Corsair's ICue didn't jive with the aura sync and the lights would turn off. I simply turned off ICue and prevented it from running on start up and problem solved

"I'M ready to go, I'M already wet."

-Linus

15 hours ago, Ratchet7989 said:

Any other RGB software installed? I had a similar problem and found Corsair's ICue didn't jive with the aura sync and the lights would turn off. I simply turned off ICue and prevented it from running on start up and problem solved

Now that you mention it, I did install iCue recently since I got a pair of Corsair wireless headphones. I'll try that and give an update.

4 minutes ago, Boomy Beatle said:

I did install iCue recently since I got a pair of Corsair wireless headphones.

Thats exactly why i got ICue go figure

1 minute ago, Boomy Beatle said:

That worked, thanks. Just turned off iCue and disabled it at startup in task manager and did a quick restart.

Glad it worked!

"I'M ready to go, I'M already wet."

-Linus

• 1 year later...

Same problem obviously still occurring. I found that just setting iCue to not start with windows (in it's own settings) does the trick. I'm not sure what will happen with other iCue stuff.. I'll try my downstairs Corsair keyboard. Maybe it won't light up until I start iCue?

Hmmm only works if iCue is disabled before going into Sleep. Or if you forget then when the PC wakes as soon as you close iCue they come on. Then you can start iCue again and all is well. Eesh.

• 6 months later...

I just found you've to install an iCUE plugin to support ASUS Aura.
Just go to Corsair's download website, write iCUE into the filter and search for ASUS Aura plugin.

Then you can manage your ASUS leds directly from iCUE.